Position: Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator- Equip Zambia (1)
Location: Luapula Provinces
Reporting to: Provincial Technical Coordinator
Required Minimum Education and Experience
- Post-matric certificate in computer literacy including MS Office and MS Office suite, OR equivalent experience
- Tertiary qualification in health, public health, social sciences, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Background in research, monitoring and evaluation and/or other data management field
- Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- 2-3 years’ experience in managing HIV/AIDS-related data, including data verification / quality assurance
- 2-3 year experience in M&E of HIV/AIDS programme
- 1 year experience in managing staff
- 1 year experience in training / facilitation
- Relevant work experience implementing monitoring systems for impact analysis
- Work experience with donor-funded projects on skills development
- Experience with innovative analysis of monitoring data
- Experience with effective use and visualization of monitoring data
- Experience with independently conducting data analysis, interpretation, and presentation of findings, including identification of possible causes for findings and can propose measures to address underlying causes
- Proven experience with writing baseline, annual, and final M&E reports to document project targets, actual accomplishments, and reasons for any deviations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in MoH and PEPFAR reporting
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
Maintaining EQUIP M&E system
- Stay informed of best M&E practices.
- Participate in a minimum of one M&E training/meeting semi-annually.
- Stay informed of HIV-related MoH and PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Develop M&E Work Plan for EQUIP programme.
- Update Monthly Reporting Templates for Partners/Programmes, within 1 month of becoming aware of country or donor changes.
- Update database of all EQUIP partners/programmes with required details, on quarterly basis or as required.
- Design, improve and expand data tools for use at central M&E Unit.
- Develop and implement evaluation plans for EQUIP
- Manage evaluation processes, including liaising with partners, external stakeholders and service providers, creating terms of reference and evaluation guidelines
Providing M&E technical assistance to EQUIP partners and collaborators
- Conduct M&E site visits to EQUIP partners/ programmes.
- Provide ongoing telephonic/e-mail support, training, and technical assistance on M&E to partners/programmes, including revision/design of Data Management tools.
- Design and present M&E-related training sessions for partners/programmes.
- Facilitate access to general M&E training for partners/programmes.
- Design and conduct Data Quality Audit, and follow up on implementation of audit recommendations by EQUIP partners/programmes on regular basis.
Verifying monthly reports
- Ensure submission of Monthly Reports by EQUIP partners/ programmes, within 1 month, or within PEPFAR reporting deadline for end-of-quarter months.
- Conduct Internal Verification Check of Monthly Reports of partners/ programmes, within 1 week of submission date, or within PEPFAR reporting deadlines for end-of-quarter months.
- Obtain corrections upon identification of data quality issues, within 1 week of submission of queries, or within PEPFAR reporting deadlines for end-of-quarter months.
- Design and maintain aggregate stats database.
- Maintain repository (paper-based and electronic) of all Monthly Reports and collation tools.
Reporting data to stakeholders
- Compile and review monthly Program reports.
- Compile Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual USAID Reports within deadlines (Jan, Apr, Jul, and Oct).
- Verify EQUIP partners’ Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual PEPFAR Reports prior to submission to USAID.
- Design and maintain quarterly stats overview for EQUIP partners’/programme’s performance.
- Respond to reasonable and relevant requests for data by country partners, USAID, peer organisations, and other stakeholders.
- Disseminate all Monthly Reports and USAID Reports back to relevant partners/ programmes upon finalisation.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned by the Provincial Program Manager as and when required and any other tasks which may be allocated from time to time.
Management of M&E team
- Approve work plans
- Manage M&E staff
- Manage M&E unit plans and budget
Technical skills and behavioral competencies
- Strategic Thinker
- Service Excellence
- Manage Performance
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Certified Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references (with e-mail addresses), stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 13 June 2018.
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
About the Organization
Right to Care (RTC) is a non-profit company with a vision that all HIV-positive patients receive high quality treatment, care and support, improving their quality of life and productivity in South Africa and other African Countries.
The EQUIP Consortium is led by Right to Care (RTC) in collaboration with four other Africa based Partners. The EQUIP Consortium provides countries with innovative and customized solutions that increase HIV testing and linkage to care, widens the coverage of ART, expands capacity for viral load monitoring and improves retention of patients on ART. With the support of USAID, EQUIP is designed to provide rapid responses to the needs of high-priority PEPFAR countries.