Job Title: Provincial Office Directors, “Let’s Read, Zambia”
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Job ID: 10670
AIR is a US-based not-for-profit company specializing in education programming, educational assessment, and other social policy issues. AIR’s International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades. We seek to ensure children’s equitable access to all levels of education; improve the quality and relevance of education; and empower individuals, communities, and institutions as agents of social and behavioral change.
AIR is seeking Provincial Office Directors for a five year, USAID-funded Reading Project in Zambia. “Let’s Read, Zambia” will target approximately 1.4 million students in 4,000 public and community primary schools, including Early Childhood Centers that are clustered in an estimated 400 zones in 48 districts in the provinces of Lusaka, Southern, Muchinga, Eastern, and Northwestern. The project will ensure that students attending Grades 1, 2, and 3 in Zambian public and community schools in the five targeted provinces have an opportunity to learn to read grade level text with comprehension and to write at grade level in one of the seven local official languages of instruction: Cinyanja, Chitonga, Icibemba, Kiikaonde, Lunda, Luvale and Silozi after three years of primary schooling in Grades 1-3.
The Provincial Office Directors will provide the leadership for operational activities of each office located in Western, Southern, Muchinga, Eastern, and Northwestern provinces. This will include
- Ensuring timely and quality program implementation, reporting, and monitoring
- Providing day-to-day supervision of field-based program staff in coordination with the project leads
- Managing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the respective province
- Contributing to assessments, program design, and budgeting
- Ensuring activities are in compliance with AIR, donor and national requirements
Eligibility: Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, management, public administration or relevant field required
- At least 3 years relevant experience managing a field office or sub-office
- Experience in operations, staff supervision, performance management, and coordination
- Experience with relationship-building with local authorities
- Must have the ability to work with a broad spectrum of people and represent the AIR
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required
American Institutes for Research is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Use this link: https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/10670/provincial-office-director—%E2%80%9Clet%E2%80%99s-read%2c-zambia%E2%80%9D/job or visit AIR’s Careers Page and search for job opening 10670
About the Organization
AIR is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us.
Founded in 1946 as a not-for-profit organization, we conduct our work with strict independence, objectivity and non-partisanship.
The intellectual diversity of our 1,600 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge.