Macfadden is seeking a Recruiter to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Washington, DC. The Recruiter provides support to USAID offices in the contracting of political transition and stabilization response personnel worldwide. This position plays a pivotal role supporting USAID offices in fast-paced, dynamic environments and is critical to the successful implementation of USAID/OTI’s programs and fulfillment of USAID/OTI’s mandate. As part of the human resources team, the Recruiters support the process and actions necessary to recruit and select staff under the flexible staffing mechanism used by USAID/OTI to implement its rapid response strategy.
- The Recruiter will serve as a primary point of contact and manage communication with current and potential applicants, agency staff, and the general public.
- They will facilitate the recruitment process for government staff, and provide administrative support from preparing and posting job announcements, to collecting application materials, conducting interviews, and checking references and academic credentials.
- Understand and execute the USAID personal services contractors (PSC) recruitment process: developing a recruitment plan, assisting in the development of solicitations, managing the application process, arranging interviews, and providing information on positions to candidates.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to PSC recruiting including maintaining files, answering contract questions for candidates, and reporting on ongoing recruitments.
- The individual must be able to work closely with a variety of personality types, participate in public recruiting outreach efforts, and possess exceptional oral and written communication skills (English).
- The Recruiter will represent the agency at external events and identify qualified recruitment sources, networking leads, job fairs, conferences, and advertising resources to recruit and further expand the recruitment network.
- While previous recruiting experience is a plus, it is not a requirement.
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 1 year of relevant experience
Skills: Qualified candidates should be reliable, highly organized, motivated, and committed to customer service. Candidates must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and be able to effectively shift priorities and multi-task while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail. Candidates must be proficient in basic Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) or equivalent and possess professional-level skills in both oral and written communication.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.