The Psychosocial and Legal Manager will lead design and implementation of activities related to protection of trafficking victims. This includes overseeing psychosocial counseling and legal service provision. The manager will also maintain organized records, contribute to monitoring and evaluation and adhere to Winrock and SDC policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely and high-quality implementation of psychosocial and legal service activities according to the approved workplan;
- Lead partners and provide oversight in work planning and implementation of activities related to psychosocial counselling for survivors and their families;
- Lead program components related to and legal service provision to survivors
- Assist in the development and dissemination of projects deliverables, including reports, in coordination with staff and implementing partners;
- Engage with the Government of Bangladesh, civil society, and private sector stakeholders to devise and facilitate the execution of psychosocial counselling, health, and legal services in line with program goals;
- Engage communities and local leaders to improve the well-being of survivors of trafficking and lessen stigma faced by survivors in reintegration
- Collect required data and information to capture success stories of the program;
- Conduct field visits to support and monitor the implementation of psychosocial and legal service activities throughout Bangladesh;
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation with data input and other tasks, as needed;
- Organize and maintain all records and files in accordance with Winrock and SDC requirements;
- Other duties, as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Development, or other relevant discipline from a reputable university
- Minimum five years of professional experience supporting international development programs
- Deep understanding of mental health and psychosocial counseling in Bangladesh, including best practices in trauma counseling.
- Experience working with local and international NGOs or UN agencies addressing trafficking-in-persons, migration, protection, legal services, or other related issues in Bangladesh preferred
- Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams and multi-cultural environments
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, databases, email and internet
- Fluency in English and Bengali required
About the Organization
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.