The successful candidate will have a a post-graduate
degree in public finance, economics or related field, and have at least 15 years of international experience in public debt management. In addition, the consultant will have been involved in establishing or strengthening a dedicated/independent debt management office, preferably in a developing country context.
Specifically, responsibilities of the Public Debt Management Expert (PDME) will be:
- Assisting governments in establishming dedicated and professionally managed Public Debt Management Offices (PDMOs)
- Sharing regional and international best practices and lessons learned with the government officials
- Assessing institutional capacity of PDMOs
- Assessing legal and regulatory frameworks for public debt management;
- Developing strategic, operational and business plans for PDMOs;