Background: The upcoming USAID Jordan Public Financial Management and Administration (PFMA) opportunity seeks to improve public financial management in Jordan by strengthening performance and efficiency of the existing revenue system and enhancing the budget management process. PFMA will focus on building capacity within Jordanian institutions to modernize the revenue system, encourage compliance, ease taxpayer ability to comply with tax obligations, improve budget planning/ preparation/ and execution, and enhance public procurement management. PFMA is anticipated to be a five year project.
The Public Expenditure and Procurement Lead will be responsible for supporting the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to improve the transparency and integrity of its existing procurement and inventory management systems. He/she will support reforms and improvements to achieve a fully integrated/efficient e-procurement system and enhance the decision making processes and organizational efficiency of procurement entities. This individual will also help improve control of inventory and procurement to ensure effectiveness of the procurement system and ensure the systems are fully integrated by the internal audit departments.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, commerce, audit, procurement, law, or a related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in public procurement, inventory management, and contract management.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance, capacity building, mentorship, change management, and training in public procurement and inventory management systems and processes, both at the national and sub-national levels.
- Experience improving public procurement management and strengthening the structure, operation, and workforce of public procurement entities.
- Experience developing and integrating e-procurement and inventory management systems.
- Previous experience supporting government procurement and public expenditure systems.
- Ability to work closely with and build capacity of key stakeholders including public and private sector representatives (GoJ officials, Ministries, think tanks, academia).
- Strong analytical capabilities and planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Previous experience working for USAID-funded program preferred.
- Established professional relationships with municipal officials working in the governance sector in Jordan is a plus.
- Experience supporting gender integration and equality for vulnerable populations (including people with disabilities) in fiscal and public financial management policies preferred.
- Deep contextual understanding of municipal governance in Jordan/ experience working in the Middle East or Northern Africa preferred.
- Arabic language skills preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Background, knowledge, and experience in gender equality or social inclusion/protection.
- Proven experience working with USAID and Knowledge of USAID’s global strategies.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines.
- Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development, and anti-corruption.
- Ability to be flexible to changes in working hours where required.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
- Fluency in English required
- Ability to deal with Ambiguity
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to manage through systems
- Ability to build and maintain useful and wide-ranging networks of contacts at institution, country or regional level.
- Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local sensitivities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with an effective range of external contacts.
- Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with interpersonal sensitivity.
Interpersonal Savvy, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Communications, Process Management/Improvement, Risk Management, Drive for Results, Personal Learning, Functional/Technical Skills
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.