The Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA) needs your expertise for the Department of Regional and Decentralized Taxes. In addition to collection, RRA is responsible for advising the Government of Rwanda on the future of Tax Policy as well as on ways of progressively increasing the volume of locally generated tax revenues in the country. RRA is an important partner for German Development Cooperation in Rwanda, specifically with respect to the interventions of the Decentralization and Good Governance Programme (DGG) related to the intervention areas of Fiscal Decentralization and Local Revenue Generation.
Your tasks will involve:
- Analysis of the current processes and practices of generating local tax revenues
- Support in the implementation and monitoring of a recently introduced reform on property taxation
- Support in data analysis
- Support in the planning of audits and organization of thematic Workshops
- Development and implementation of trainings for RRA staff
- Please follow https://jobs.cimonline.de/index.php?ac=jobad&code=yhrQ7%2BZRu4sUZ7dY%2FgT%2BQe1AALaIHyTa8ss6h2wzx4acn%2BPfls56GA%3D%3D to apply directly
- Completed higher Education (ideally, PhD) in Finance or Economics or another qualification relevant to the specificities of the job.
- Several years of experience in designing and implementing statistical models and various types of data analysis
- Several years practical experience in a tax authority
- Experience in the design and implementation of trainings
- Fluent English skills are required, basic French would be a strong advantage.
- In addition you have the citizenship of an EU member state for reasons to meet the criteria of the Integrated Experts Program, UK passport holders are eligible to apply
What we offer:
- Varied work with individual responsibility in an international field
- Teamwork with other development cooperation organisations
- Professional preparation for overseas deployment
- Local employment contract as an Integrated Expert is for an initial period of two years - an extension is possible
- Attractive monthly allowances as well as local salary and social benefits
Note: The job offer is current, there is no deadline for applications.
Please follow the link of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for travel information https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/ReiseUndSicherheit.
About the Organization
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. Your role is to pass on their knowledge where they are especially needed. CIM is jointly run by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (www.giz.de) and the German Federal Employment Agency (www.arbeitsagentur.de). It has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.