DAI is recruiting for a Public Financial Management (PFM) Advisor for an anticipated USAID Uganda Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The PFM Advisor will lead a team of technical specialists to assess existing public financial management processes and use evidence-based advocacy to help increase budgets; provide technical assistance at national and subnational levels to strengthen capacity for budget preparation, management and execution; help the Ministry of Health (MoH) to establish platforms for dialogue with the Ministry of Finance and other agencies; assist the MoH to implement plans to increase domestic resource mobilization; and work with the private sector on innovative financing schemes. The PFM Advisor is a full-time position, based in Kampala.
- Advanced degree in public administration, public health administration, business or related financial management;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public financial management on donor funded projects with significant experience in the health sector, especially in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance, capacity building, mentorship, change management, and training in PFM systems and processes;
- Previous experience supporting government revenue generation and expenditure systems in the context of health funding and allocation;
- Effective oral and written communication skills; and
Experience leading and managing a team of 2-5 people.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a CV to GlobalHealth@dai.com by April 28, 2018.
Please include UGANDA PFM in the subject line with your submission. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.