DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Scope of Work:
DevTech is seeking a full-time Public Financial Management (PFM) Expert who will provide advice to team members, USAID, and GOI counterparts. The PFM Expert will conduct studies as assigned, develop study proposals, and develop scopes of work for consultants in all areas of related to PFM (instance on tax policy, government spending, and expansion of domestic resource mobilization). He/She will conduct, design, or lead analysis and research of specific issues, such as fiscal decentralization, domestic resource mobilization, gender budgeting, infrastructure investment and other areas, in order to identify types of interventions, local partners, and approaches. Additionally, the PFM Expert will identify potential areas to improve tax administration, especially budget execution function and delivery of services at the national level, as well as national level oversight of provincial and district levels. He/She will coordinate a targeted training program, calling on experts and directly providing input for trainings to improve PFM, specifically cost-benefit analysis. Lastly, the PFM Expert will present work and materials in trainings or workshops, especially for GOI counterparts.
- Must have experience with international development programs in Indonesia and institutions of the Ministry of Finance of Indonesia.
- Must have a minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent (or a lesser degree with additional two years of professional experience) in economics, business, public administration, economic development, social studies, sociology or related field, or a bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of hands-on experience in Ministry of Finance related institutions.
- At least 10 years of experience in in the area of public financial management reform and modernization in Indonesia
- Broad understanding of PFM from macro-fiscal to tax administration to budget systems is preferred, but in-depth expertise from long-term employment in a GOI public finance institution, such as in tax administration or the budget department is also acceptable.
- Must have experience in capacity building and training.
- Must have experience as a public speaker or trainer.
- Must be a citizen of Indonesia.
- Must be proficient in English and Bahasa.
- Excellent writing skills (publication record, assessments, or analyses).
- Must have great communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
About the Organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.