Position Overview: IBI International is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Established in 1996, IBI is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, USA.
International Business Initiatives (IBI) is seeking senior-level public financial management professionals, including experts in Public Financial Management; Intergovernmental Finance; Business Enabling Environment; and Economic Growth, to serve in long- or short- term capacities on an anticipated USAID-funded project in Libya.
IBI is seeking local Libyan and expatriate senior advisors of all nationalities for roles in USAID’s five-year Libya Public Financial Management (LPFM) activity. The purpose of LPFM is to advance Libya’s national stability through strengthening Libya’s national and sub-national systems in public financial management; supporting the electricity sector; and through improving the business enabling environment.
At the present time IBI is seeking senior advisors in the following areas of expertise:
- Fiscal aspects of decentralization;
- Intergovernmental revenue transfer systems;
- Budget formulation and execution for municipal and provincial units of government;
- Other aspects of public financial management at the subnational level, such as public procurement, public investment management (project appraisal, debt management, public-private partnerships), and domestic resource mobilization;
- Provision of select public services at the subnational level;
- Expertise in commercial laws (e.g., company registration, property registration and property rights, collateral registries, permitting, trade, investment, banking, bankruptcy, competition, contracts);
- Expertise in labor market policies, access to finance, foreign direct investment, customs modernization and trade facilitation, privatization of state-owned companies, and oversight of commercial banking
- Advanced degree in economics, public finance, public administration, public policy, law, business administration, or other related fields;
- 10 or more years of technical experience implementing donor-funded activities to advance economic reform, public financial management, intergovernmental finance, the business enabling environment, and related experience;
- Strong experience implementing public financial management concepts and practices;
- Demonstrated experience working with senior-level counterparts;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience in Libya or North Africa;
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English with strong oral and written presentation skills;
- Fluency in Arabic a plus.
Ability to travel to an reside in Libya, when permitted, and Tunisia.
To Apply: Please go to ww.ibi-usa.com/jobs and upload your resume for the “Libya PFM Specialists” position. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For full consideration, please apply by: March 15, 2019
For more information about IBI International, please visit www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI International is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Founded in 1996, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia. IBI International is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about IBI International, please visit www.ibi-usa.com. IBI is the winner of USAID 2015 Small Business of the Year Award.