Chemonics seeks a financial management technical expert for an anticipated U.K. Department for International Development (DFID)–funded project based in Kathmandu, Nepal. The activity seeks to promote inclusive climate resilience in development planning, improve municipal management of diverse sources of climate finance, and support vulnerable communities with efficient, climate-resilient service delivery. This programme focuses on the management and distribution of financial resources that deliver climate-resilient projects and build the capacity of local governments to plan and manage climate funds. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide support and technical assistance to the fund manager and municipal governments for the distribution, tracking, receipt, audit, and risk management of grant funds
- Support the development of public financial management (PFM) training material according to updated standard operating procedures
- Support the implementation of PFM training sessions for local governments
- Conduct regular field visits to audit payments and oversee capacity building activities
- Investigate and analyse payments for accuracy and risk mitigation
- Support monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management efforts
- Support risk assessment activities and local government capacity building
- Master’s degree in financial management or a related field
- Minimum six years of experience in public financial management, risk assessments, public expenditure management, budget planning, establishment of financial systems and controls, computerized accounting systems, financial accounting, and auditing
- Experience with donor-funded financial management or capacity building programmes and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional proficiency in English and Nepali required
To apply, please submit your application by 5 p.m. Washington, D.C. time, September 21, 2019, through our portal: https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/nccsp_pfmtechnicalexpert. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and early applications are strongly encouraged. Only finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.