Name of project: Improving Access to Health Services for Disadvantaged Groups – Primary Health Care Development
Task description: Team Leader will be responsible for the overall team management. The consultant will perform the assigned tasks under the direct supervision of the PIU/MOH and guidance of the PHC (primary health care) specialist at the PIU. Apart from managerial tasks, activities to undertake (briefly) are:
• Sector analysis: Conduct assessment of Primary Health Care in Mongolia
• New PHC service delivery model: Revise (extend) the service packages offered at Family Health Centres
• Integrated care model: Support the MOH / UBCHD with the development of the design of an Integrated model of care (effectively and efficiently organized interface between primary and secondary care levels) with appropriate referral arrangements and mechanisms
• Improving capacity of FHC human resource: Assess the training needs (clinical / technical / administrative and management) for relevant FHC / SHC staff
• Institutional and HR development for PHC management: Assess and carry out institutional capacity building in planning, budgeting, supervision and regulation among staff at Ulaanbaatar city and Aimag Health departments
• Senior international expert with postgraduate degree in public health or related fields;
• At least 10 years of professional experience in health systems development and team leadership with focus on strengthening of PHC services and related capacity building (including training, coaching, supervision);
• Specific experience: Design and implementation of PHC reform including integrated models of care; HR development in PHC
Other information: Previous ADB and/or Mongolia experience is an advantage. The expert will work intermittent (12 months within 3 years project duration).
Interested experts are asked to send their CVs in English as soon as possible by email to Delia Oros: email@example.com. Please note that only candidates with the above skills and work experience will be contacted.
Project start date: September 2021
Project end date: September 2024
First Name: Delia
Last name: Oros
Phone: +49 6172 930 386
Department: Health and Social Development
About the Organization
A leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implements projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. To ensure that the programmes we implement have a lasting impact in terms of economic growth, sustainability and poverty reduction, we target structural reforms and capacity building in six core sectors.
These six sectors represent our commitment to improve the social and economic situation of people through Education and Employment Promotion, Governance and Economic Development, Rural Development and Environment, Health and Social Development; and measuring the long-term impact of interventions through Statistics and Monitoring and Evaluation.
We are a member of GOPA Consulting Group, which consists of 6 large consulting companies, with additional complementary branch organisations, whose expertise and location respond to specific market demands.