Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Strategic Communications and Advocacy Section (SCAS), Office of the Executive Secretary.
Within delegated authority, the Public Information Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Creates graphic designs for ESCAP communications including designing posters, infographics for web pages, brochures, templates for publications and exhibits showcasing ESCAP’s work.
• Serves as back-up photographer; provides photo editing and captioning.
• Provides support for videography and motion graphics to showcase ESCAP work and initiatives. This will include developing scripts, shooting and editing short films to showcase ESCAP work, videos for social media and motion graphics for communications work. This includes handling clearances and copyrights, scheduling productions and directing studio video recordings.
• Provides support for content production and monitors the performance of ESCAP outreach activities on social media. This includes live-tweeting and Instagram posting during high-profile ESCAP events.
• Participates in the planning and coordination of events, press conferences and exhibits; liaises with relevant departments and agencies; prepares production schedules, press releases, and correspondence.
• Assists in website updates, including drafting and editing content, assisting in design, development, and maintenance of Internet applications.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. A relevant first-level degree from university or institution of equivalent status in arts, fine arts, graphic design communications, digital media, public information, international relations or related area, is desirable. Professional certificates in the above fields are desirable.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in public communication, international broadcasting, journalism, media advertising, graphic design, videography or a related area is required. Experience working in international environment is desirable. Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud or similar applications for developing and editing photos, videos, infographics, motion graphics and print product is desirable.
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
About the Organization
The mandate of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is to promote sustainable and inclusive development and regional connectivity in the Asian and Pacific region. ESCAP’s role as a regional development arm of the United Nations Secretariat is to support its membership with policy oriented research and analysis, normative support and technical assistance and capacity building, to respond to the development priorities and changing needs of the Asian and Pacific region.
Find us online at: www.unescap.org/jobs