Chemonics seeks a highly motivated public investment management (PIM) expert for the anticipated USAID Public Financial Management Activity in the Maldives. This five-year activity aims to improve the quality, efficiency, and transparency of government budget processes and investments in public facilities and services. The PIM expert will provide technical oversight of PIM activities and economic analyses and will have a strong background in institutional capacity building and project management. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Advanced degree in economics, public policy, business administration, fiscal management, international development, or related field
- A minimum of five years of experience in PIM, public-private partnerships, or infrastructure planning
- Ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels, including national and local government actors, community leaders, and international donors
- Experience conducting training and/or providing technical assistance for public sector officials and private sector representatives
- Experience implementing donor-funded activities aimed at advancing economic reform, infrastructure investment, or public financial management. USAID/U.S. government experience preferred
- Experience supervising staff and ensuring that supervisees secure necessary training to meet program needs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required, with demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional verbal and written proficiency in English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “PIM Expert” in the subject line to MaldivesPFMrecruit@chemonics.com by August 28, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. We encourage early submission of applications, because candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.