The Pragma Corporation, an international development firm headquartered in the Washington DC area with more than 40 years of development experience in 75 countries, is actively looking for a Short Term Public investment planning (PIP) and cost benefit analysis (CBA) consultants to perform a short-term assignment under the Libya Economic Stabilization Program (LESP) of the USAID Middle East Growth (MEG) Project. LESP is aimed at improving Libya’s PFM policy/regulatory framework and core practices at the national and local levels, through the provision of targeted technical and training support to key national government ministries and a significant number of municipalities.
The Pragma Corporation is looking for a consultant to help with the strategic aspects of (1) prioritization of investment projects through a Public Investment Program (PIP) serving as a pipeline (2) developing institutional arrangements for decision-making on the PIP (3) defining the respective roles and functions of Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Planning in the preparation of the integrated recurrent and investment budget, whereby the Ministry of Finance would be assigned the overall responsibility for consolidating the budgets.
Additionally, Pragma is looking for a consultant to provide cost benefit analysis capacity building to counterparts so that they may properly analyze their Public Investment Program.
Pragma is seeking one or two consultants to provide these services. Ideally one candidate can provide both, but a candidate with a cost benefit specialization and a candidate with a PIP specialization will be considered.
- For PIP position: A fiscal economist with significant PIP experience—ideally in a developing country municipal or national government context.
- For CBA position: A fiscal economist with significant Cost Benefits Analysis experience—ideally in a developing country municipal or national government context
- Willingness to travel to Libya—the Position will be 50% based in Libya.
- Advanced degree in Economics/Business/Finance
- Minimum of five years of prior developing country experience, ideally in the Middle East region
- Fluent English speaker with strong writing skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective writing and organizational skills to prepare recommendations for specialists and non-specialists, write succinctly, and to produce documents quickly.
To apply, please send your updated resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Public investment Planning and/or cost benefit analysis consultants” on the email subject line.
About the Organization
The Pragma Corporation is an international development firm headquartered in the Washington DC area. With more than a quarter century of development experience worldwide, involving more than 600 projects, we provide expert technical and management consulting services to such donor organizations as the United States Agency for International Development, the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank. Our areas of specialization include Small and Medium Enterprise Development; Accounting Reform, Training, and Examination; Regulatory Reform and Business Environment Improvement; Agribusiness Development; Capital and Financial Market Development; WTO Accession; Customs Reform and Cross-Border Trade; and Regional Trade Promotion.