Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
As the Public Private Partnerships (PPP) Advisor s/he will lead public-private partnership initiatives by exploring, implementing and advocating for opportunities to engage the private sector along with the public sector in creating opportunities within localities and/or municipalities. S/he provides technical expertise to localities on public-private partnership issues, such as the development of strategies for outreach to the private sector. S/he will also identify and establish relationships with potential businesses to form partnerships and maintain liaisons with both public and private partners that have committed support to the project and innovative win-win partnerships.
Reporting and Supervision:
The PPP Advisor will report to the Chief of Party (COP) or the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with critical clients and private sector partners;
- Dynamic representation of Creative before private and public-sector clients and critical audiences;
- Achieves component deliverables.
- Provide technical leadership for the design, formalization and management of innovative public-private partnerships and strategies in coordination with project leadership and in consultation with relevant government agencies;
- Advise and assist in identifying, developing, structuring, executing, and financing of PPP projects;
- Provide technical assistance to field coordinators and stakeholders relative to the structuring of PPPs and outreach to the private sector;
- Coordinate with other donors, local organizations, and government to ensure harmonization in development of public-private partnerships and activities;
- Monitor the development and implementation of policies and actions related to PPP issues;
- Conduct policy dialogues with Governments, the private sector, and other stakeholders to identify and address challenges to scaling up private sector investment in target countries;
- Support program components and departments in leveraging private sector support in activities and assist in cross cutting themes;
- Engage the private sector and other private entities to promote a culture of private support to improve trade and investment in the region and continent;
- Support implementation of core technical areas, in cooperation with the COP, other project staff, USAID and the regional and local government and,
- Support the COP, DCOP and technical teams in identifying, reaching out to, and managing cooperation with stakeholders in the private sector, civil society, and national and local government, in the target regions in compliance with Creative and USG policies and procedures.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in business, economics, or other relevant field;
- At least ten (10) years of relevant work experience, in private sector development and a strong focus on development of partnerships with leading private sector companies and associations;
- Demonstrated experience with private sector relationships in the LAC region to advance the program results and objectives;
- Previous management experience with similar activities;
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to form innovative win-win partnerships;
- Proficient and fluent in English; and
- Native proficiency in Spanish is required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.