Project: Technical Assistance to support the implementation of Public Finance Management Reforms in Kosovo
Engagement: Long-term, minimum 620 working days
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to a sound financial management and improved service delivery in Kosovo by improving fiscal discipline, increasing revenue mobilisation and the strategic allocation of resources through the provision of policy advice and support to institutional and human resource capacity building in the Ministry of Finance and related institutions.
The purposes of this contract is to improve and strengthen policies, legislation and capacities of key stakeholders (in particular the Public Finance Management Coordination Group) involved in implementation of the Public Finance Management Sector Reform Program by providing technical assistance to support the implementation of the Public Finance Management reforms.
The expected results of this project are as follows:
- Improved policy and legislative developments (and when needed further alignment of Public Finance Management legislation with the European Union acquis), implementation and monitoring of the Public Finance Management Reform Strategy, focusing on the role of the Ministry of Finance PFM Coordination Group as propos policies, coordinating, monitoring and reporting body. Increased fiscal discipline, allocation and operational efficiency through strengthening annual budget credibility for central government and increased transparency of the management and usage of public funds.
- Strengthened internal control and internal audit, by enhancing the internal audit function as a value-added service towards management accountability and by strengthening internal controls in budgetary organisations.
- Domestic revenue collection increased by expanding the revenue base, fighting fiscal evasion and informalities, and increasing the efficiency of the revenue collection agencies.
- Increased efficiency, value-for-money and transparency of public procurement in Kosovo by ensuring efficient implementation of the centralised procurement, as well as improving other aspects of public procurement.
Qualifications and skills
- A university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in the field of law, economics or engineering. A Master degree or PhD in relation to law, economics or engineering will be considered an advantage.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years, preferably 12 years of professional experience in public procurement, as general procurement experience in whatever capacity.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in public procurement in Government institutions in one or more EU Member States, EEA countries and IPA (including the former IPA countries ) and/or ENI/ENPI countries and/or Central Asia countries, preferably including experience from a central public procurement regulatory body;
- Experience in at least 1, preferably 3 projects covering the field of harmonisation or approximation or transposition of the national legislation with the EU acquis in the area of public procurement in EU Member States, EEA countries, IPA (including the former IPA countries ) and/or ENI/ENPI countries and/or Central Asia countries.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org