Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
Currently, GIZ International Services is preparing to bid for the EU-funded project “Enhancing Economic Governance Facility Asia, Viet Nam”
The overall objective of this contract is to contribute to poverty alleviation and sustainable growth in Viet Nam, by strengthening economic governance.
A strengthened socio-economic planning system, an improved doing business environment and an enhanced tax environment create strong foundation for economic growth while enable broadened tax base and mobilization of private investment for further development. A stronger budget planning and execution system, including public investment and public procurement system, will enable more effective and efficient collection and allocation of public resources, thereby reinforcing macroeconomic stability.
Expected results to be achieved
Strengthened planning management
Improved doing business environment
Improved public investment management
Strengthened public procurement system
The KE will provide the government counterparts with advice and technical support in improving public procurement (PP), with a focus on increasing the use of digital platforms to expand competition and transparency. Specific support will be provided in applying EU-Vietnam FTA related to the mutual opening of procurement procedures between the EU and Vietnam.
Qualifications and skills
- A master’s or master equivalent degree in a relevant discipline. Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least 5 years of professional experience in addition to the minimum required general experience.
- Fluency in English
General professional experience
- At least 10/15 years’ relevant experience in any of the following fields or in a combination of the following fields: developing and implementing legal and regulatory frameworks for procurement, PP contract management, application of Free Trade Agreements related to the application of PP rules.
Specific professional experience
- Relevant experience in providing TA advise in developing and implementing electronic government procurement (e-GP) and other tools aimed at upgrading transparency and accountability in PP
- Relevant experience in providing TA support for the correct application of Free Trade Agreements (preferably those signed by the EU) related to the application of PP rules and the opening of respective markets, preferably in Asia;
- Experience in South Eastern Asia and especially in Vietnam will be an asset;
- Relevant experience with the application of EU TA procedures will be an asset.
Please note that the European Union has not yet published the detailed Terms of Reference for this project.
Therefore, location, start date and duration of the assignment as well as tasks and requirements may be subject to change.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.