PwC seeks qualified candidates for a Public Procurement Specialist position for the potential USAID State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness (State2State) project in Nigeria to technically support the program. The overall objective of the project will be to increase the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected state and local governments in Nigeria, contributing to the achievement of strengthened good governance, and improved responsiveness of targeted government institutions.
The Procurement Specialist will be located in-country and will support the responsible line ministries and local governments and work in close partnership with other relevant stakeholders to ensure improvements in functioning of the procurement system at the local and federal levels.
- Over seven years of experience in public procurement;
- A graduate degree in Public Administration, Management, Economics or similar field;
- Demonstrated experience managing consultants and/or technical experts;
- Demonstrated understanding of the public procurement delivery system, challenges and potential improvements;
- Demonstrated overall project management skills involving multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent English language written and oral communications skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Serve as the key technical counterpart for the area of public procurement and procurement delivery system;
- Work with key stakeholders to develop an understanding of “best practices” in addressing key challenges of the public procurement and existing policy reform;
- Experience increasing accountability, transparency and effectiveness in African countries;
- Experience working with host governments and other organizations in African countries, preferably in Nigeria.