Focus of the Role
This role is in a fast-paced team, the consultant will be responsible for providing project management and delivery transformation support to government agencies. We are looking for an experienced management consultant who has considerable experience in public sector reform, and who has worked in developing economies.
- Providing cross-cutting support on policy development, project management and foreign affairs for a variety of clients, typically government agencies or Ministers/Head’s of State
- Conduct fast-paced 80-20 analysis and international benchmarking which will input into the government’s overall reform strategy on specific policy areas
- Develop highly synthesized presentations (typically in Powerpoint) and briefings that are ‘actionable’ for senior decision makers; condensing vast amounts of material and differing views into concise and well-structured actionable outputs
- Work would often involve working alongside client counterparts (sometimes on location/at client site) to provide both content and people management support to client team members, working side-by-side with them to implement ambitious reforms
- Meet with, inform and cultivate relations with key decision-makers in government including Ministers, senior agency officials and multilateral and bilateral organization officials that are relevant to TBI’s work in the region
What We Are Looking For
The successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
This is a role in a fast-paced team, working on complex delivery priorities that are highly scrutinised. Therefore, the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- Total 4 years of experience, ideally including the following;
- At least 2 years in a consulting or client-oriented service environment, ideally at a top tier strategy consulting firm
- Some experience working in public sector for the government as a consultant
- Experience working directly or closely with senior public-sector officials (e.g. Head of State, Ministers, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and ability to develop frameworks for analysing and explaining difficult information in accessible ways
- Strong interpersonal skills; an excellent listener who can work productively and diplomatically with a wide array of different people and institutions
- Persuasive, highly articulate, and good at “selling” ideas and gaining support and commitment for initiatives from individuals and organizations.
- Excellent time and project management skills. Highly flexible, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and adjust to changing circumstances.
- Excellent PowerPoint abilities and have strong personal presentation skills both oral and written (the ability to draft high quality, concise, clear and well-structured documents is essential)
- Flawless professional English language communications skills, written and oral
- Relevant educational experience in political science, policy, economics, business or other related fields (Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred)
- Willingness to relocate full-time to Middle East
VALUES WE LOOK FOR:
- COURAGE… because to tackle global challenges, we must innovate and take smart risks
- COLLABORATION… because when we work together and with external partners, we can overcome even the largest problems
- COMPASSION … because our work is ultimately about improving people’s lives
To apply please visit our website via the link.
About the Organization
About the Institute
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change we are dedicated to making globalisation work for the many, not the few. We do this by helping countries, their people and their governments, address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today – beginning with those where we think we can break new ground, offering leaders new thinking and new approaches. Our staff – over 200 of them, based all over the world – are working on some of the most intractable problems around issues of co-existence, governance, the peace process in the Middle East and renewing the centre.