Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is responding to the release of a Request for Proposals for USAID/Jordan’s Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) Project, which aims to improve the time and budget management as well as overall quality of the school environment in Jordan by enhancing the planning, oversight, and operation and maintenance capabilities of the Ministries of Education (MOE) and Public Works and Housing (MPWH).
Kaizen is seeking a Procurement Specialist to support the project’s main objective to improve the existing management systems and procedures used by the Government of Jordan (GOJ), through the MOE and MPWH, for the planning, construction, and utilization of public schools in Jordan.
This position is located in Amman, Jordan.
- Work with the program technical team to plan activities, develop and deliver training and mentoring, and conduct studies specific to Government of Jordan procurement processes within the MPWH and MOE
- Provide technical expertise and support capacity building in public sector procurement
- Conduct assessments of MOE and MPWH procurement processes and supporting systems
- Support creation of capacity development plans, performance-based position descriptions, business process re-engineering (BPR) exercises, etc. to support more efficient and effective procurement in the MOE and MPWH
- Support the DCOP and Capacity Building Specialist in other areas as required in the successful implementation of the program, including reporting on work areas
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; a master’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field is preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in public sector procurement, ideally with the Government of Jordan
- Experience in working with the Jordanian MPWH and/or MOE, evidenced by strong networks within one or both Ministries
- Experience in preparing and delivering training and training materials
- Excellent writing ability
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts and senior-level staff
- Must be a Jordanian National
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a development consulting firm that cultivates innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. For more than a decade, Kaizen has brought innovation into the world of donor-funded international development in Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
In parallel, Kaizen has been incubating innovations to scale through market forces to achieve development objectives without the need for donor funding. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide.