The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is seeking a contractor to provide independent evaluation services in support of the Burkina Faso I Rural Land Governance Project. The objective of the project, worth $58.2 million, was to implement major changes to rural land policy and law across Burkina Faso, focusing on 47 of the country’s 302 rural communes. The RLG project included legal reform, land rights and information outreach to the population, institutional strengthening effort s targeted at establishing new local offices to provide new land rights and resolve land conflict, and direct efforts through the new institutions to bring tangible benefits to the rural population. The project was divided into Phase 1 and Phase 2. Specifically, MCC is seeking the following services:
- Review and analysis of previously collected Phase 2 data and development of the evaluation report .
- A robust evaluability assessment.
- An endline evaluation, including related data collection, analysis, data anonymization and results report for Phase 1 and Phase 2 areas.
**Candidates from Burkina Faso or francophone West Africa are highly encouraged to apply**
SI is seeking a Qualitative and Quantitative Researcher for the MCC Burkina Faso Land Evaluation . The Researcher will contribute to the evaluation design, participate in instrument design, oversee data collection efforts, and lead qualitative and quantitative data analysis and report writing. Travel to Burkina Faso is tentatively expected, but d ue to widespread insecurity stemming from violent extremism in the region as well as the COVID-19 pandemic, a desk study with remote data collection may be necessary. The endline data collection is expected to take place in early 2021 , and t he exposure period will be approximately three to five years. Please note that this is a part-time consultancy position throughout the life of the assignment and is contingent on proposal award.
- Assess appropriate and feasible qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies.
- Conduct evaluation using qualitative and quantitative methods, assessing methodologies to ensure appropriateness and feasibility.
- Participate in the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments, and developing and refining research questions.
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documentation in French and English.
- Participate in and/or lead interviews with selected stakeholders.
- Systematically analyze qualitative and quantitative data using an agreed-to analysis approach.
- Contribute to the final report and report revisions.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables, implementing SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI personnel and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel
- Master’s degree or higher in a social science (Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, Statistics, Public Administration or Policy, Political Science, or other).
- At least 10 years of experience conducting rigorous evaluations using quantitative and qualitative methods as well as triangulating data from various sources .
- At least five years of experience designing qualitative research protocols or questionnaires and overseeing data collection .
- At least five years of experience conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis .
- Proficiency with a qualitative analysis package (ATLAS/ ti , NUD-IST, Code-A-Text, Ethnograph , AnSWR , Nvivo , or other).
- Proficiency with a quantitative analysis package (STATA, SPSS, R, or other).
- Oral and written fluency in French.
- Experience working in Burkina Faso or francophone West Africa.
- Experience working on land interventions.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.