University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The Developing MCC-specific approach to Social and Behavior Change Communication in Multiple Sectors project will support MCC to conduct formative research, develop sector-specific SBCC tools, collect and analyze data to identify priority behaviors for change and conduct due diligence of proposed behavior change interventions. Activities will be carried out in multiple countries and internally within MCC. Initially, activities will focus of two countries and two sectors: Sierra Leone WASH and Morocco Education. Additional countries and sectors may include: Land in Morocco, Education in Cote d’Ivoire, and Energy in an additional MCC partner country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Qualitative Methodologist will be responsible for the following:
- Support formative research in order to develop country- and sector-specific data collection tools which will lead to the identification of several priority behaviors with suggested solution pathways
- Develop and refine SBCC doer/non-doer analysis tools for the specific countries/sectors
- Support data collection design, data collection, data analysis, and identification of priority behaviors that must change for stakeholders to benefit from investments and for investments to be sustainable, with suggested solution pathways
- Conduct due diligence on the behavior change interventions proposed by the country
- Recommend a list of standard indicators for MCC that allows for comparisons of SBCC work across MCC’s diverse portfolio
- Ph.D. in a Social or Behavioral Science field
- 7 or more years of experience undertaking and leading qualitative field research
- Demonstrated experience applying qualitative methods to behavior change work
- At least 5 years of experience working on international projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in French or Arabic strongly preferred
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.