Tetra Tech GLS, headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts (http:www.tetratechintdev.com/) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Quality Assurance (QA) Manager candidates for a USAID-funded Engineering Services Project in Afghanistan. The overall objective of this program in Afghanistan is to provide direct engineering expertise on a variety of engineering projects for our client.
* Supervise and support both the expatriate and local national QA staff within the Kabul office;
* Provide QA, monitoring, and evaluation services as directed by the Chief of Party (COP);
* Develop and implement performance monitoring tools;
* Observe construction in accordance with the specifications, drawings, and the QA Plan;
* Engage in training and mentoring programs for the local Afghan engineers and QA site inspectors;
* Coordinate specific reach back engineering tasks with the US home office support staff as needed;
* Train, guide, and mentor QA staff in their day-to-day functions.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience related to construction QA monitoring and evaluation, preferably in an overseas assignment;
* Engineering Degree is desirable but not required;
* Willingness to relocate to Afghanistan for a 12-month assignment, with potential for an extended assignment depending upon performance.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.