Cardno is currently seeking a qualified Quality Improvement Quality Improvement (QA/QI) Expert for the upcoming USAID Liberia Health Systems Strengthening (LHSS) activity. The project’s goal is to strengthen the Liberian health system through improving leadership and accountability for results in public and private health sectors at both national and local levels. The success of project activities will result in the following achievements: Improved leadership and accountability for results at each level of the health sector; Increased availability and improved management of key health systems resources; Strengthened community systems for quality health services.
The QA/QI Expert will prove technical leadership, in addition to coordinating with in-country agencies and the project to ensure linkages and to identify opportunities for integration between and services for broader health, educational, vocational, and other non-health interventions that meet the needs of intended stakeholder populations.
This position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon contract award to Cardno.
- Provide strategic technical leadership and expertise to project sites on the implementation of high quality HSS products and services at community levels
- Collaborate and build capacity of the regional quality assurance and quality improvement structures, district, facility down to community level
- Provide input into the development of project-wide strategies and work plans to address quality improvement issues prioritized by the Government of Liberia and key stakeholders
- Actively contribute in the review, dissemination and implementation of the existing national referral guidelines
- Support the design, implementation, and learning about improvement collaboratives and other QA/QI approaches at the community level.
- Support the institutionalization of QA/QI for community health activities within district health systems
- Build capacity of community health workers and other health providers in quality assurance and quality improvement
- Devise strategies to strengthen efforts around innovative health systems strengthening approaches, including health financing, UHC, private sector partnerships, etc.
- Analyze trends of the quality improvement collaborative results and facilitate the learning sessions
- Document the program’s quality assurance and quality improvement efforts and write improvement stories for dissemination.
- Master’s degree in public health, business, marketing, social science or related discipline
- At least seven years of work experience working in international development, preferably in implementing programs in developing countries
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Preferred work experience with USAID in Rwanda and/or as an implementing partner for other donors
- Demonstrated experience in working with non-governmental organizations, governmental and civil society organizations
- Liberia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.