Chemonics seeks a reading/education in crisis or conflict advisor for the $47 million to $49 million USAID-funded Accelerated Quality Learning for Somali Children and Youth project. This five-year project’s purpose is to increase access to high-quality education for out-of-school children and youth between the ages of 8 and 15 in targeted regions of Somalia. The project will increase enrollment in accelerated education programs, improve accelerated education programs’ learning environments, and improve student learning outcomes in accelerated education programs. The position will be based in Somalia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Supervise the implementation of the activity and provide technical support and guidance to program staff in targeted counties
- Provide inputs for the development and revision of lessons, materials, standards, and non-formal education framework
- Take the lead in adjusting assessment instruments and organizing assessment and data collection workshops for key stakeholders and enumerators
- Provide technical leadership of an evidence-based accelerated education program focused on reading, numeracy, and socio-emotional learning
- Collaborate with local stakeholders and assist with the process of field testing to validate and adapt instruments and analyze results
- Maintain regular communication with the project field staff and chief of party
- A master’s degree (or equivalent) in education, education administration, supervision, development studies, or a related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of six years of experience managing an aspect of early grade reading projects in formal or non-formal education settings
- Familiarity with principles and concepts of reading, numeracy, and socio-emotional learning and the tools to assess those skills
- Ability to translate complex, technical concepts to a range of stakeholders with differing levels of knowledge
- Experience presenting research at large-scale research conferences or learning events to a range of stakeholders, including researchers, educational professionals, and government stakeholders preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Please submit your application by December 14 through this link or by going to https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/sne_edadvisor. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.