Chemonics seeks a reading specialist for the $90 million, five-year USAID-funded Lebanon Improving Public Education Outcomes (IPEO) project. IPEO seeks to improve reading, writing, and social and emotional learning for all students in public primary schools throughout Lebanon by addressing teacher training, materials development, community engagement, psychosocial support to students, capacity building with Center for Educational Research and Development (CERD) and Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE), and the setting of a learning agenda. IPEO will work closely with local partners to implement a Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting model focused on flexible management, conflict-sensitive approaches, and data-driven decision-making. IPEO will work with Lebanese and Syrian refugee children in Grades 1 to 6. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate leadership, versatility, integrity, entrepreneurship, and commitment to Chemonics’ mission, values, and code of conduct. Lebanese citizens encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage, implement, oversee, and steer the direction of the reading program
- Provide technical direction towards reading policy
- Coordinate trainings, advise on teaching methodologies, and lead the technical dialogue on reading with CERD and MEHE
- Supervise the reading team
- Implement various interventions with the Lebanese government, especially MEHE and CERD
- Ph.D. in education with a focus on reading competencies and outcomes
- Strong background in primary-grade reading
- Minimum five years of experience working on donor-funded projects
- Experience in working on complex international donor-funded development activities in challenging environments
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Arabic required
Please send an electronic version of your CV and a 1-page cover letter to lebanonIPEO@chemonics.com by August 16, 2018. Please include “Reading Specialist” in the subject line. We are reviewing CVs on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. No telephone inquiries, please. We will contact finalists.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.