IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) with focus areas of economic growth, governance, and the appropriate application of information technology. A small, women-owned business, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.
The Recruiter will lead all company recruitment efforts. He/She will support the work and operations of IBI through project, proposal, and home office recruiting in accordance with IBI’s corporate policies and federal government/USAID regulations and requirements. He/She will be responsible for identifying, vetting, and negotiating with prospective employees and consultants. He/She will support proposal development by formatting resumes and writing proposal personnel and management sections. He/She will support project management by helping to identify hiring needs, develop TORs/job description, finding candidates to fill positions, and writing hiring justifications. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, results-oriented, customer service-minded individual who is able to work well in a deadline-driven, multi-tasking environment.
- Lead recruitment efforts for positions under existing contracts, proposals, and home office. Provide advice on personnel matters to proposal and project management teams.
- Source candidates via vacancy announcements, database searches, professional networks, cold-calling, and social media
- Help draft Terms of References, job descriptions, vacancy announcements, employment contracts, approval requests, or other pertinent project management documents
- Identify appropriate venues for job postings or advertisements and post vacancies
- Develop salary offers and negotiate salary and benefits in accordance with IBI’s corporate operational policies and federal government/USAID regulations and guidelines
- Format resumes,write compelling personnel, staffing, and management sections for proposals
- Manage, maintain and improve IBI systems and database for tracking candidate information, and develop and implement system improvements
- Build, maintain, and foster relationships with individuals and partners in the development community, Represent IBI at job fairs, conferences, and other relevant industry gatherings
- Travel to overseas offices to provide recruitment, training, HR oversight or backup, or HR audits (travel up to 15% of time)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of relevant experience as a recruiter in an international development context
- US Citizenship or valid US work permit required
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in recruitment for USG contractors, particularly for USAID or MCC contracts or grants.
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Experience living and working in developing nations
- Knowledge of domestic and international employment, benefit and immigration laws, and expatriate compensation and benefits program options
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in USAID or DoS contracting and grants.
Please apply via our web site. We appreciate all applicants, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about IBI, please visit www.ibi-usa.com.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose main client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Founded in 1996, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia. IBI International is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about IBI International, please visit www.ibi-usa.com. IBI is the winner of USAID 2015 Small Business of the Year Award.