International Development Group is looking for a full time Recruiter who will be responsible for sourcing the best possible candidates and matching them to positions for donor-funded proposals and projects. S/he will focus on talent sourcing, candidate identification, networking and relationship building with potential candidates, attending networking events, and will introduce and monitor recruitment best practices including development and management of IDG recruitment processes, procedures, and systems.
- Facilitate the selection process for both project based and home office based positions, including requisition management, development of position descriptions and recruitment strategy, candidate selection, reference and background checks, salary negotiations, and the facilitation of the on-boarding process.
- Participate in recruitment strategy meetings with Hiring Managers to ensure a complete understanding of the job requirements, candidate matches, and the qualifications needed to fill the role. Use findings to develop and execute effective sourcing strategies, assessments, and closing approaches.
- Facilitate implementation of high-quality global recruitment, interviewing, selection, and strategic onboarding processes. Build the skills and commitment of hiring managers to follow best practices in all stages of the talent acquisition life cycle.
- Review applications and assess candidate qualifications against criteria established in the project job descriptions or Scope of Work requirements.
- Conduct thorough candidate prescreening interviews and recommend highly qualified and diverse candidates who meet the requirements for the role.
- Collect relevant personnel documentation.
- Negotiate the compensation rate and packages with long-term and short-term consultants, project staff, and home office staff.
- Provide daily/weekly reports to hiring managers on a timely basis regarding status relating to all positions; including outreach and response for each position as needed.
- Develop written recruiting protocols and procedures, lead staff training on recruitment procedures, streamline company-wide recruitment processes, and brainstorming on improvement of staffing and recruitment proposal writing.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the recruitment & onboarding processes, research best practices, obtain feedback from new hires and hiring managers, and utilize data to refine and improve the processes over time.
- Develop creative ideas and innovative recruiting techniques to source qualified professionals and a diverse talent pool. (i.e., social media, employee referrals, direct contact recruiting, internet data mining, job boards, and internal/external networks).
- Support the development of recruitment templates and forms (CV templates, reference check forms, common email templates, How-Tos, recruitment manuals, etc.). Evaluate and improve recruitment and related processes.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking Systems and database of consultants.
- Promote the company’s recruitment brand through active participation in job fairs, conferences, and other networking and marketing events.
- Ensure timely communication with candidates, hiring managers, and vendors on the recruiting process and pending needs.
- Manage candidate communication and relationship management throughout the recruitment lifecycle and educate candidates about IDG’s culture, benefits, and position expectations.
- Support management of external recruiting sources, vendor agreements, candidate submission, and invoice processing.
- Serve as a Recruiter on proposal teams to anticipate and plan for upcoming recruitment activities.
- Work closely with the proposal leaders to develop competitive staffing strategies, identify viable candidates, and gain the personnel documents.
- Assist senior technical staff in determining finalist candidates, based on the skill set of the short-listed candidates against proposal positions/requirements and assessment of the overall proposed team.
- Customize CVs for bids and train staff on this; ensure the CV addresses proposal requirements; Format and tailor CVs and develop well-crafted bioblurbs for each proposed candidate according to the position and solicitation qualifications; Write, as needed, personnel sections of proposals, tailored letters of commitment, and other personnel related volumes; Work with senior technical staff on the development of personnel write-ups, with an eye on how each candidate skill set best meet what the client is asking for in the contract; Provide quality control for writing inputs to bids and develop training to address weaknesses.
- Serve as an IDG representative to candidates. Maintain regular communication with contacted and proposed candidates throughout the proposal recruitment process in order to build our network and long-term relationships. Notify candidates should they not be selected as finalists and maintain regular communication with proposed candidates after submission of a proposal and after notification of award success.
Human Resources Management
- Support maintenance of personnel files and HR record keeping.
- Support benefits management, facilitation, and onboarding efforts.
What are we looking for in our Recruiter?
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience including progressive work experience in the areas of talent acquisition/recruitment in the international development industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed, results-oriented environment at a fast pace; Ability to prioritize tasks, organize large volume of work, perform independently; Proven organizational skills, with the ability to undertake multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and diplomacy skills.
- Experience with online networking tools, such as LinkedIn and experience conducting searches on recruitment databases and ability to identify and access new professional networks required.
- Ability to learn compliance requirements and best practices for recruitment and hiring; Ability to research and learn employment law for various countries within the regions supported by this position.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) required. Fluent English language skills are required; fluency in a second language strongly preferred (helpful languages French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic).
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively in a very fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities in a global business culture.
- Ability to work with an applicant tracking system.
- Knowledge of recruitment for USAID and other donor-funded projects required.
- Ability to work effectively in a very fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities in a global business culture.
- Proven experience demonstrating the ability to act independently on assigned tasks and to exercise good judgement and flexibility with shifting priorities while serving the needs of employees and organization.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization is required.
Apply online at: https://internationaldevelopmentgroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/1309977.html, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG assistance programs aim to build institutional capacity in the public, private and non-for-profit sectors to achieve measurable and sustainable impact for their communities. Since its foundation in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development programs for USAID and other international donors in over 25 countries.
IDG has worked for USAID and other international donors for 25 years, on over 30 projects, in over 25 countries, including: Afghanistan, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Brazil, Chile, Georgia, Ghana, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Macedonia, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia, Ukraine, West Indies.
Founded in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development projects worldwide for USAID and other donors. IDG has extensive experience managing USAID Economic Growth IDIQ contracts and projects, as a small-business prime holder of the PFM IDIQ, Global Business Trade and Investment (GBTI II) IQC, earlier as a prime holder of Omnibus I and Omnibus II, and also as a subcontractor on Macro II. IDG currently implements, as a prime contractor, significant USAID EG projects in Azerbaijan, Tunisia, and, over the last four years, has worked also in Armenia, Lebanon, Liberia, Ghana, Senegal, Nigeria, South Africa, and Macedonia.
International Development Group (IDG) is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).