Chemonics seeks a Recruiter to join our Global Health Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) in Arlington, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team dedicated to promoting an environment that attracts, hires and retains highly qualified candidates for the organization. The Recruiter plays a central role in leading recruitment and networking efforts and providing high level talent acquisition services to a portfolio of clients. The Recruiter also works to advance Chemonics brand across numerous markets and professional communities while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the selection process. In addition, the Recruiter will build talent pipelines specific to the forward market and organizational goals as well as lead or support continual improvement initiatives and special projects. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee the creation and management of requisitions, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing qualified candidates
- Screen and vet candidates to include salary negotiations serving as subject matter expert and point of contact
- Work in partnership with hiring managers to determine hiring needs, candidate matches and demands of positions
- Recommend strategies to streamline systems for effectiveness and efficiency in recruitment processes
- Implement recruitment best practices, ensuring Chemonics is attracting the best qualified candidates and keeping in line with industry trends
- Assist with developing and delivering training to staff on compliant recruitment practices
- Assist with candidate outreach to include job fairs, information sessions and informational interviews
- Work in conjunction with the portfolio of clients on maintaining a pipeline of candidates
- Work in conjunction with new business staff to understand and better respond to clients’ needs, continually promoting outstanding client service
- Proactively recruits qualified professionals through many different sources including referrals, direct contact recruiting, job boards, Internet mining, and networking events
- Perform day-to-day recruitment support activities consistent with understanding rules for applicant tracking, OFCCP rules and regulations, and Chemonics operating policies and procedures
- Maintain recruitment knowledge and best practices and begins to expand versatility in international development work by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics’ practice networks
- Participate in new business efforts and mentor others
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, fostering innovation and exceeding expectations
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required by the supervisor
- Minimum 3 years of recruitment or relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of USAID and its operations preferred
- Experience recruiting for technical and non-technical positions at multiple levels
- Knowledge of US labor laws and regulations as they apply to recruitment activities
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4 weeks per year
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct recruitment activities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=4010 by February 8, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 actively around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, D.C., Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.