As part of the Blumont Global Talent Management Team the recruiting Manager, will be responsible for managing the full cycle recruitment process.
The Recruiting Manager is responsible for complex recruitment assignments that require creative application of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges, sources appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, industry events, internal recruitment database and online electronic resources, builds “pipelines” of candidates for hard to fill positions and follows processes to screen and select the best candidates. The Recruitment Manager will also be responsible for process improvement and compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications and approved usage of various recruitment systems and tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages recruitment services including candidate sourcing, interviewing, and working with hiring managers on final selection.
- Consistently implement disciplined recruitment processes and procedures as reflected in process guidelines, including ensuring all new postings receive formal approval as required, position descriptions are accurate, positions properly graded by HR, comprehensive input received from hiring manager through highly effective and timely communication with hiring managers, to understand specific needs.
- Utilize a variety of effective traditional and non-traditional recruitment strategies to maintain an available pool of candidates in the pipeline. Strategies could include cold calling – use of available Applicant Management Tools such as Success Factors Recruiting Management Module, , as well as social networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Devex.
- Negotiates salary and benefits within proposal budget constraints.
- Submits all documentation required for candidate approval and writes salary offers in accordance with Blumont procedures and complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, proposal offer letters, etc.).
- Manage communications between applicants, hiring managers and others to keep all parties apprised of the status of each search.
- Identifies and negotiates contracts with staffing firms and maintains existing relationships (retained and contingency) in support of placements of difficult to fill positions.
- Strategically networks and builds relationships with internal and external organizations to increase exposure and marketing of the organization as a great place to work (i.e., career fairs, expos, etc.).
- Works closely with the VP, Global Talent Management and Director of HR/Recruitment to ensure that all recruitment activities are properly aligned to support organization-wide recruitment initiatives and programs.
- Collaborates with all Division/Department Hiring Managers to forecast future proposal and internal recruitment needs and/or large-scale initiatives, which will require the development of intensive recruitment plans.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or other relevant area of specialization.
- A minimum of 5 years full-life cycle recruitment experience in a progressive fast-paced environment recruiting a range of positions. Experience must include some executive recruiting.
- Strong business partnering skills and ability to create effective and productive work relationships
- A minimum of 3 years relevant recruiting or program experience in the International Humanitarian Aid, Development and Capacity Building Arena preferably in the INGO industry.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USAID, UN, US State Department rules and regulations for hiring.
- Experience cold calling
- Experience using networking tools such as Devex, LinkedIn etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Possess a sense of urgency and action orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously, often with inflexible deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with SAP Success Factors Recruiting Applicant Management Module, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, and Open Text
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Flexible, creative and detail-oriented in ambiguous situations.
- Possess a high level of accountability for results.
- Strong execution and planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the proven ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and capable of providing leadership.
- Normal Office Conditions.
Blumont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Teach America and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups