Tetra Tech seeks qualified candidates for a new Recruitment/Business Development Associate position to provide cross-cutting support for executing business and proposal development initiatives. The Recruitment/Business Development Associate is primarily responsible for proactive recruitment strategies to attract top talent, developing strong partnerships with candidates, constantly growing our proprietary database of qualified candidates to meet current and anticipated staffing needs, and ensuring recruitment strategies are aligned with the business needs. This position reports to the Business Development Director and is based in San Francisco, California.
THE ROLE AND DUTIES
The Recruitment/Business Development Associate provides recruitment and cross-cutting proposal development support for executing new business and proposal development initiatives under the direction of the Business Development Director.
The Recruitment/Business Development Associate will be primarily responsible for full cycle recruiting. He/she will be involved in developing proactive recruitment strategies to attract top talent, establishing strong partnerships with candidates, and constantly growing our proprietary database of qualified candidates to meet current and anticipated staffing needs, and ensuring recruitment strategies are aligned with the business needs. Keys to success are gaining an in-depth understanding of our niche industry in which we recruit, establishing strong recruiting networks, and demonstrating innovative techniques to source and attract talent. The Recruitment/Business Development Associate will also drive Tetra Tech DPK’s efforts to widen and maintain a network of qualified consultants for short-, and long-term international assignments in key countries as determined by the business.
The Recruitment/Business Development Associate is responsible for recruiting for international positions in preparation for and during active proposals. This involves screening/interviewing applicants, efficient usage of web-based recruitment sites, managing processes to include timely communication, and ensuring the hiring process follows company and donor guidelines with required documentation and professional reference checks. The Recruitment/Business Development Associate will also assist with writing the sections of proposals that present selected candidates.
The Recruitment/Business Development Associate will also provide support to other parts of proposal and business development activities, potentially including: developing compliance documents and proposal calendars; identifying and convening experts to draft proposals; conducting research to inform technical approaches; recruiting qualified local and international partner organizations; and assisting with writing, editing, and/or reviewing drafts of various sections of proposals.
Proposal and Active Project Recruitment Responsibilities (approximately 85-90%)
- Work closely with Directors to draft job descriptions, develop preliminary staffing structures / organizational charts, and generate recruiting leads for proposals and active project jobs.
- Use networks and search databases (e.g. Devex, LinkedIn) to identify, source, and recruit candidates for proposals and projects.
- Responsible for the entire personnel section of proposals, including collecting and ensuring proper record keeping and the storage of personnel related documents. Supports recruitment efforts for proposals, including the preparation of resumes, key qualifications, and personnel sections for inclusion in proposals.
- Ensure personnel requirements are reflected correctly in proposal compliance documents, and ensure that final team composition meets the requirements of the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Identify senior industry specialists, and local handlers to support the proposal development process and the field team.
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews and meetings from the Home Office and the field for proposed personnel as well as potential local partners.
- Contact candidates and maintain communication to gauge interest and availability.
- Conduct interviews, reference checking, and initiate background check process for appropriate personnel; coordinate salary strategy with proposal teams, verify candidate salary history, and conduct salary negotiations with candidates.
- Support start-up activities as needed from the Home Office or in the field.
Identification and Tracking of New Business and Project Opportunities (approximately 5%)
- Develop a clear understanding of Tetra Tech DPK’s current project portfolio and staff and firm capabilities and communicate to potential consultants and clients.
- Research opportunities with new clients and new partners.
- Maintain Tetra Tech DPK entries for proposals and business development in database (ARDis).
Proposal Development (approximately 5-10%)
- Prepare and maintain proposal requirement documents and ensure proposals meet RFP requirements.
- Travels to project host nation to collect necessary information for the technical approach, recruit candidates and conduct meetings with potential organizations as needed.
- Obtain necessary research and reference materials for proposals and conduct research as required.
- Write sections of proposals as assigned, including management plans, personnel sections, and the annexes.
- Collect, track, fact-check, edit and compile required documentation from proposal team.
- Maintain up-to-date and continuously improve proposal templates and boilerplate materials.
- BA in International Affairs, Political Science, Journalism/Communication, or other related field
- One to three years relevant work experience. International experience preferred.
- Experience conducting recruitment or staffing-related experience (operations, organizational development, management, market research, or similar) preferred.
- Experience using social networks, personal networks, referrals, job boards, internet searches, and referrals to source candidates.
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal skills and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants and strong negotiation skills.
- Flexible, takes initiative, works well independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and maintains strong work ethics.
- Strong project management, analytical and time management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated experience supporting business and proposal development initiatives.
- Familiarity with the international development field and Tetra Tech DPK’s core clients (USAID, INL, etc).
- Proactive with networking and keeping abreast with industry news and trends.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet.
- Enthusiastic, results driven team player.
- Ability to travel overseas on a short notice and work long hours during proposal preparation as needed.
- New qualified consultants identified to support the implementation of projects.
- Highly skilled, qualified proposal teams recruited in a timely manner.
- New institutional partnerships formed.
- Expanded A-list of candidates for main positions.
- Increased ability to recruit in new fields that we are expanding into.
- Improved recruitment mechanisms and wider recruitment base.
- Proposals prepared in a timely and high quality manner in compliance with RFP requirements.
- Points awarded to personnel on proposals exceeds 80 percent of available points.
- Tetra Tech DPK success rate at 40 percent of bids submitted.
- CPARs of 4.2 or higher on assigned projects.
- Documents generated comply with Tetra Tech DPK Style Manual.
The salary range for position: $51,750 - $62,000.
To apply, please visit the Tetra Tech Careers website HERE and submit a resume and cover letter outlining why you should be considered for the position. Submissions without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies