Tetra Tech IDS (https://tetratechintdev.com) is accepting expressions of interest for a Recruitment / Business Development Associate to provide recruitment and cross-cutting proposal development support for executing new business and proposal development initiatives.
Under the direction of the Business Development Director the Recruitment/Business Development Associate will be primarily responsible for full cycle recruiting. He/she will be involved in developing proactive recruitment strategies to attract top talent, establishing strong partnerships with candidates, and constantly growing our proprietary database of qualified candidates to meet current and anticipated staffing needs, and ensuring recruitment strategies are aligned with the business needs. The Recruitment/Business Development Associate will also drive Tetra Tech IDS efforts to widen and maintain a network of qualified consultants for short-, and long-term international assignments in key countries as determined by the business. This position also includes the opportunity for periodic international travel for new business and taking on new assignments for 2-3 weeks away from the home office.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA.
* Work closely with Directors to draft job descriptions, develop preliminary staffing structures / organizational charts, and generate recruiting leads for proposals and active project jobs;
* Use networks and search databases (e.g. Devex, LinkedIn) to identify, source, and recruit candidates for proposals and projects;
* Responsible for the entire personnel section of proposals, including collecting and ensuring proper record keeping and the storage of personnel related documents;
* Supports recruitment efforts for proposals, including the preparation of resumes, key qualifications, and personnel sections for inclusion in proposals;
* Ensure personnel requirements are reflected correctly in proposal compliance documents, and ensure that final team composition meets the requirements of the Request for Proposal (RFP);
* Identify senior industry specialists, and local handlers to support the proposal development process and the field team;
* Conduct phone and in-person interviews and meetings from the Home Office and the field for proposed personnel as well as potential local partners;
* Contact candidates and maintain communication to gauge interest and availability;
* Conduct interviews, reference checking, and initiate background check process for appropriate personnel; coordinate salary strategy with proposal teams, verify candidate salary history, and conduct salary negotiations with candidates;
* Develop a clear understanding of Tetra Tech DPK’s current project portfolio and staff and firm capabilities and communicate to potential consultants and clients;
* Research opportunities with new clients and new partners;
* Prepare and maintain proposal requirement documents and ensure proposals meet RFP requirements;
* Travels to project host nation to collect necessary information for the technical approach, recruit candidates and conduct meetings with potential organizations as needed;
* Write sections of proposals as assigned, including management plans, personnel sections, and the annexes.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* BA in International Affairs, Political Science, Journalism/Communication, or other related field;
* 1-3 years relevant work experience, international experience preferred;
* Experience conducting recruitment or staffing-related experience (operations, organizational development, management, market research, or similar) preferred;
* Experience using social networks, personal networks, referrals, job boards, internet searches, and referrals to source candidates;
* Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal skills and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants and strong negotiation skills;
* Flexible, takes initiative, works well independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and maintains strong work ethics;
* Familiarity with the international development field and Tetra Tech IDS core clients (USAID, INL, etc);
* Proactive with networking and keeping abreast with industry news and trends;
* High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and database management;
* Must possess high level interpersonal skills and be an energetic and be a collaborative team player with a “can do” attitude;
* Must possess high level analytical skills and an eye for detail that is necessary to evaluate candidates critically;
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing information;
* Must be very well organized with high level ability to independently plan, prioritize, multi-task, take initiative and manage multiple deadlines;
* Must have high degree of reliability and follow through;
* Must be able to adapt to changes in a fast paced, dynamic, and sometimes intense work environment;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic is helpful but not required;
* Availability for short-term international travel to developing, transitioning, and post-conflict countries on short notice;
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
Apply on line at: https://bit.ly/2MoSYSJ
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
* A current resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please indicate where you saw the Tetra Tech International Development Services ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability