Role & Responsibilities
Implement Medair’s International recruitment strategy, sourcing candidates through various channels, planning screencalls, selecting ROC participants and ensuring the preparation of the ROC is completed in a timely manner. The Recruitment Intern provides administrative support for the recruitment partners, ensuring the smooth operation of the recruitment team tasks.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people.The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
Swiss or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
June 2019. Full time. Fixed Term, usually 4-6 months contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of the Medair recruitment strategy, policy and guidelines together with the Recruitment Team Leader, Recruitment Partners and Recruitment Assistant.
- Provides input into the analysis of recruitment activities to provide ROI statistics and improvement possibilities for recruitment targeting and results.
- Deliver and use the selection process for new / vacant positions.
- Screen applications at the primary interaction level, and progress successful candidates through the subsequent application stages. Customer service based approach to candidates and staff.
- Have a customer service based approach towards candidates throughout process.
- Present participants for the ROC: pre-selected candidates for a job and selected candidates for Medair Talent pool (Post ROC). Work in conjunction with Rec P and Rec Assistant to invite to ROC.
Recruitment Database management
- Contribute to the management of the Medair recruitment database system and ensure it is kept up to date on candidate selection criteria and availability.
- Facilitate and promote use of the database and reports among all HR staff.
- Research and develop key contact information within the recruitment database to support recruitment activities and communications.
- Ensure data is utilised according to GDPR requirements.
ROC Support/Planning/ Delivery
- Plan and prepare all stages of the ROC (pre, during, after), including all preparation for participants and staffing needs.
- Ensure ROC preparation is complete, with administration, supplies and checklists completed before ROC, and restocked after ROC.
- Engage and support the ROC, incl. preparation, planning, communication, administration and continued improvement.
- Deliver quality support throughout the whole ROC process, including planning of dates in collaboration with the Rec TL, and in accordance with the GSO annual calendar.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Recent graduate in HR or a related field.
- HR certification or Master in a related field of operation (optional).
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Previous exposure to professional social networks (Linkedin, Xing…).
- Experience in supporting hiring managers, process-building, planning and execution, working under tight deadlines will be a plus.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment.
- Working experience with an HRIS is a plus.
- Experience with applicants tracking system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Ability to work and analyze data.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Driven and result-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong and long term relationships.
Benefits Package provided to International Headquarters Internship Staff
- Salary of 1670 CHF/month at 100%.
- Holiday allocation.
- Accident, death and disability insurance coverage; health insurance for loss of earnings (> 6 months internship).
- Great working environment.
- The opportunity to work in an organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
Application Process - Internships
Before you apply, make sure you are fully committed to the Medair values.
- For this internship role, please apply through our website here.
- Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.