The Recruitment Manager oversees the talent acquisition function for the firm and manages related HR projects that build the talent infrastructure required to support agile, high quality project implementation. The Manager brings full-cycle international recruiting experience and collaborates with managers globally to identify and fill current and future hiring needs while also building recruiting capacity and systems across teams.
The position is fully remote, preferably based in the United States and reports to the Global Talent Director.
What You’ll Do:
Full Cycle Recruitment
- Conduct full life-cycle recruitment for regular and proposal openings in the United States and internationally. Source and assess candidates, schedule interviews, conduct tests for specific positions as needed, check references, negotiate job offers.
- Provide excellent customer service to candidates, hiring teams and managers, communicate regularly on candidate pipeline and status, identify creative solutions to staffing challenges, navigate compensation, work authorization and logistical issues affecting recruitment with managers.
- Embody and reflect firm values and culture to candidates. Serve as in-house thought partner with managers to understand and meet their staffing needs with responsiveness, detail orientation, efficiency and strategic input.
- Track, monitor, manage and report on all openings across the firm.
- Collaborate with Talent team to recommend and negotiate compensation for new hires, including allowances and benefits for international hires in project locations.
- Manage recruiting networks with colleges and universities, executive search and other placement firms, government institutions, and other sources of potential applicants to build our talent pipeline. Manage graduate student visits and pipelines to fill ongoing project roles.
- Champion diversity recruiting and engage fully and consistently internally and externally to attract and retain top notch talent across new and under-represented groups.
- Manage Workable ATS system, troubleshoot with vendor when needed.
Capacity building and Special Projects
- Build capacity across and within all global teams involved in the recruitment process (Talent/HR, hiring managers, project and proposal development tams) by designing and conducting training sessions.
- Participate actively as a leader and collaborator within the Talent team: share information, build relationships, promote morale and professional development within the team. Propose and lead new initiatives or special projects that may go beyond recruitment (employee engagement, diversity, training or another related area within the Manager’s skill set or professional objectives).
- Ensure ThinkWell hiring practices and policies are applied throughout all hiring stages.
- Stay focused on the company’s current and future talent needs as well as internal policies and federal/state employment laws affecting our talent acquisition.
- Design and manage potential internship and/or fellowship programs to build junior professional talent.
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 8+ years experience or graduate degree and 6+ years experience;
- Substantial recruitment experience preferably in international development arena;
- Full English fluency, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive HR issues. Mature, professional judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in international development and/or with a diverse, geographically dispersed, global employee population;
- Working knowledge of employment regulations/laws. Ability to engage internationally with local experts to understand, interpret and apply international policies and benefits;
- Genuine appreciation for and experience with diversity recruiting;
- Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects, collaborate, obtain buy-in, and deliver results;
- Extremely detail-oriented and meticulously accurate in communications;
- High emotional IQ and a reputation for working successfully on teams in a collaborative and constructive manner.
About the Organization
Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done.