R4D is seeking a creative, extremely organized, and self-motivated Recruiting & Talent Acquisition Manager to join our growing HR team and to play an integral role within the organization. The Recruiting & Talent Acquisition Manager will lead full cycle recruitment activities for both domestic and internationally based positions, build and maintain networks that yield ongoing competitive candidate pipelines, partner with Hiring Managers to build effective recruitment strategies along with much more! In partnership with the Chief People Officer, the Recruiting & Talent Acquisition Manager will monitor critical initiatives, staffing plans, and staff interests/utilization for internal staff needs and will support in the development and implementation of R4D/s Talent Management strategy.
The Recruiting & Talent Acquisition Manager will support the HR team on a variety of on-going and new projects related to HR compliance, recruitment and retention, reporting, and more.
This position is based in Washington, D.C., and will report to the Chief People Officer (CPO).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for leading and managing full-life cycle recruitment processes for all positions at R4D (e.g. development of initial recruitment plan, job description, sourcing/screening, and interview, pre-employment testing, background check, and extending offer of employment). Where applicable, partner with the Director of People Operations on implementing best practices and other processes
- Conduct strategic passive candidate sourcing in ATS and via other social media outlets (i.e. Devex, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Lead the annual EEO, AAP, and OFCCP compliance tracking
- Coordinate with hiring managers to determine recruitment needs, develop recruitment plan, and manage the recruitment and interview process
- Build and manage relationships with top talent; Maintain strategic pipelines for different positions and levels
- Manage USAID hiring regulations; collect and verify biodata information
- Design the candidate experience, ensuring alignment with R4D’s culture and values
- Recommend and negotiate compensation for all new hires, including allowances and benefits for international hires in project locations, based on established R4D salary ranges, local market norms and FSN scales.
- Support the CPO and People Operations Director in establishing international offices by researching local laws, local benefits, immigration, work permit and visa requirements
- Daily management support ATS (Cornerstone)
- Track and provide up to date information to feed into the HR and Recruitment dashboard
- Partner with Chief People Officer, People Operations Director and program heads to develop staffing plans and identify, understand and prioritize R4D’s current and future talent needs;
- Manage R4D’s Sr. Fellow Program
- Develop and maintain staff skills database; Work with R4D management to identify internal staffing needs
- Train and mentor hiring managers on recruitment and interviewing best practices
Systems, Process Improvement, and Data Tracking
- Manage data integrity in R4D’s ATS to ensure compliance with OFCCP rules and regulations and the R4D AAP
- Provide reports that forecast and capture key recruitment metrics
- Design, update and implement additional recruiting tools and resources, interviewing trainings for hiring managers, and other innovative ideas for effective recruitment
- Create monthly recruitment dashboards and position close out reports; Disseminate and collect Recruitment Survey data from candidates interviewed
- Assist in researching, drafting and editing new policies, processes and/or initiatives
Successful applicants will have demonstrated work experience with international recruiting. Our team’s ideal candidate will showcase creativity, enthusiasm, excellent attention to detail, and innovative thinking related to strategic recruitment and HR.
- BA plus a minimum of seven (7) years of full life-cycle recruiting experience within the international development sector highly preferred along with experience with USAID
- Advanced training and/or professional certification is helpful
- Demonstrated experience assessing candidate viability using assorted recruitment techniques
- Must be able to think and act strategically, but also willing to “roll up sleeves” and support all HR functions as needed
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with exceptional attention to detail and multitasking skills with the ability to efficiently switch between tasks/assignments seamlessly
- Previous experience researching and leading the transition from one ATS to another and migrating data between different ATS
Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering
and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
About the Organization
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.