Requisition ID: req2462
Job Title: Refugee Social Services Program Specialist
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-Elizabeth, NJ
The IRC is one of the leading providers of high quality programming for refugees resettling to the United States. The mission of the IRC’s US Programs (USP) Department is to create opportunities for refugees to survive and thrive in America. The IRC’s USP Department currently provides services in 26 U.S. cities and through the IRC’s Resettlement Support Center (RSC) in East Asia. The USP portfolio has grown to encompass a spectrum of support in five program outcome areas with numerous local partners, hundreds of corporate, foundation, and government donors, and thousands of individual givers. The IRC resettles thousands of refugees on an annual basis, and has over 1,000 staff and 5,000 volunteers.
The Program Specialist is responsible for a range of administrative functions to ensure New Jersey Office for Refugee’s Social Services activities move forward as effectively and efficiently as possible. This position reports to the Statewide Refugee Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Support the development of the Refugee Social Services Manual of Policy and Procedures.
* Support the development of training resources and materials for sub-awardee agencies implementing Refugee Social Services programming.
* Support the implementation of Refugee Social Services trainings for sub-awardee agencies.
* Coordinate the development of technical support materials and the implementation of regular technical support visits and trainings.
* Coordinate the development and implementation of monitoring tools and systems for agencies implementing Refugee Social Service programs.
* Provide administrative and logistical support to office as assigned by Statewide Refugee Coordinator.
* Provide travel, administrative, and meeting support to the NJOR staff.
* Coordinate with the Statewide Refugee Coordinator to support the writing, editing, and submission of proposals, reports, and sub-award agreements, and facilitate all other regional administrative activities, as designated.
* Organize all aspects of logistics for meetings, trainings and conferences.
* Assist with finance activities as requested, including monthly billing, tracking and reimbursements.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Bachelor’s degree
* 2+ years administrative experience strongly preferred
* Prior experience working in employment or skills training programs strongly preferred
* Prior experience in refugee services strongly preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment.
* Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
* Ability to effectively work with a variety of community partners through telephone, email and other correspondence.
* Solid computer skills: facility with MS office suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and email/internet software required.
About the Organization
From emergency response through post-conflict development work, in a great variety of roles around the world, the International Rescue Committee’s 8,000-plus staff is a force for humanity and hope. If you’re skilled and passionate, we’d like to add your energy to ours.
Careers at the IRC are as wide-ranging and far-reaching as our work. Encouraging staff development through promotion, transfer and rehire, the IRC nurtures long-term career paths and helps employees grow within the organization.
At any given moment, on any given day, all around the world, IRC staff members are restlessly and effectively working for the sake of the most vulnerable among us—to restore and renew hope, dignity and freedom.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.