Regional Analyst – (WEST AFRICA)
To be based in West Africa for a (USAID/AFR) - BAA for Sustainable Development in Africa project to improve health outcomes in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) by disrupting current models of healthcare, changing how and why data/information is collected, analysed and then used to achieve results.
Key measurable outputs of the position include:
- Technical Assistance: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Data Quality/Integrity
- Capacity Building
- Impact Measurement and Reporting
- Stakeholder Management
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Data Management, Informatics, Global/Public Health Informatics or other related field. (Master’s degree in similar areas is highly preferred.)
- 3+ years’ work experience in an Analyst or Informatics role in East Africa, experience in Public Health a plus
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Numerical reasoning
- Driver’s License
- Experience in healthcare industry, specifically working with MoH management teams.
- Healthcare data system experience, e.g. DHIS
- Experience with BI tools, database management and data pipeline management
- Experience supporting multiple work teams
- Ability to work with large data sets and develop processes that extrapolate the data in an efficient manner
- Ability to analyse and synthesize diverse information into manageable pieces
- Demonstrated ability moving into problem-solving mode in response to challenges
- Proven ability to work independently, as part of a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Willingness and ability to work in and travel to rural, low-resource settings
- Advanced MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in English and French is required for this position.
- Ability to navigate diverse cultural environments.
- Sound understanding of BR values, mission, culture and leadership philosophy
- Express and implied ethical responsibilities
- Sound understanding of the company structure and where to source information
- High level understanding of the business strategic
- Operational knowledge of BR approach, policies,
- compliance requirements and processes
- Operational knowledge of BR products, e.g.
Role (foundational knowledge)
- Knowledge of USAID Partner Organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of international global health programs
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare systems in resource-limited settings.
- Knowledge of the public health system
Changing knowledge requirements
- Keep abreast of health-related policy changes.
- Continuous self-development in line with global health information systems and policy changes.
- Donor/Funder regulations and requirements that impact on SI environment.
Core Competencies include:
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Influencing and Persuading
- Building relationships
- Consulting and advising
- Applying technical expertise
- Health system awareness
- Monitoring and Measuring
How to apply::
PLEASE - NO PHONE CALLS.
To apply for this position, go to www.brhc.com and click on Careers (under the “Contact” tab) to create an on-line account/profile. You can also apply directly to the position by clicking on the following link: https://broadreach.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=512. Please be sure to include your Cover Letter, Resume and name of Position.
Please Note: We only contact short-listed candidates. If we do not contact you, please know we will keep your resume on file for other relevant opportunities in the near future. We appreciate your interest in BroadReach.
BroadReach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
BroadReach is a global data analytics company, providing Big Data Analytics, Software as a Service solutions, supporting management of global health and development initiatives. We are dedicated to expanding access to health and development services across the globe, looking beyond specific interventions to systems that integrate social, economic and health data for evidence based insights to maximize impact. We work with a wide range of partners and clients, including international donor agencies, national governments, civil society, pharmaceutical companies, local NGO partners, and other private-sector companies.