Chemonics is conducting an internal and external recruit for Regional Business Unit(RBU) Assistant(s) in the Middle East and North Africa! The RBU Assistant will provide general administrative support for operational, project management, and business development needs within the region. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with RBU to provide archiving support to closed projects; classify and file project documents for completed projects to prepare for archiving and prompt retrieval, following standard instructions according to Chemonics standard guidance
- Conduct comprehensive inventory of project hard-copy and electronic files based on filing guidance and desk review inventory checklists
- Create reports and memos outlining the status of documents that are in the process of being archived
- Coordinate with the project teams to incorporate miscellaneous unfiled documents into files
- Mark and label all project files according to Chemonics’ standard operating procedures
- Promote best practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP) among project teams
- Retrieve files and documents as required for open audits of closed projects
- Maintain file systems and file documents for active projects, operations teams, practice teams, and business development teams
- Support internal and client audits and reviews of active projects; assist PMU members with implementing audit and review recommendations
- Support home-office administration, including coordinating travel, processing visas, travel advancements, and vendor payment request, invoicing, obtaining approvals, and updating trackers and internal databases
- Coordinate with project management unit (PMU) to compile agendas for project-related meetings to achieve stated goals, document progress and provide follow up assistance to groups or individuals
- Process time reports on behalf of consultants
- Process expense reports on behalf of consultants and staff
- Prepare initial drafts of billable and non-billable consultant employment contracts
- Participate on proposal teams in roles such as CV writer, branding implementation plan /marking plan (BIP/MP) writer, researcher, and CV wrangler
- Consistently demonstrate maturity, dependability and initiative
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Receive constructive feedback and use feedback to improve performance and grow professionally
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent experience in an office setting required
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative work experience in an office setting required
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail
- Able to work on one or more projects and provide support to proposals
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and carry out assignments to timely completion and adhere to prescribed routines and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to treat information with discretion and exhibit sensitivity and tact in communications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated interest in international development preferred
- Arabic or French language proficiency preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=3407
by September 26, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.