The USAID Pacific Climate Ready Project, implemented by AECOM, will provide a wide range of high-level, high-visibility technical assistance and capacity-building support in climate change adaption (CCA) and CCA finance. Project objectives include: (1) strengthening and mainstreaming CCA policies and laws; (2) enabling access to multilateral and bilateral climate change funds; and (3) strengthening implementation of CCA projects. Target countries will include: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
The Regional Coordinator will provide support to the Senior Advisors on design and implementation of activities, workshops, and trainings for the READY Project. He/she will also work with the Senior Advisors, Country Coordinators and Capacity Building and Partnership Manager to build and maintain networks and relationships within the government, private sector and donor community to successfully implement programming within their sub-region. Reporting to one of our three Senior Advisors, we will have a total of three Regional Coordinators embedded in each office (Fiji, FSM, PNG).
- Collaborate with Senior Advisors, Capacity Building and Partnership Manager, DCOP, and COP on program design, delivery and implementation for all activities;
- Work with Senior Advisor and teams of short-term personnel to design and deliver activities in Fiji and sub-region;
- Coordinate with Senior Advisors and other technical and administrative personnel to ensure the successful implementation of activities across all project components;
- Support work planning and program reporting requirements;
- Ensure Fiji office and sub-region are compliant with project, USAID and AECOM policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in climate change, natural resource management, environment, economics or a related field;
- 10+ years’ experience in coordinating technical and organisational programs in the Pacific;
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a network within the government and private sector partners to influence change;
- Experience coordinating activities, workshops, and trainings focused on climate change adaptation, disaster risk or environmental assessment;
- Understanding of cross-cutting issues including environment, gender equity and social inclusion
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills;
- Ability to ravel to other Pacific Island Countries as needed.
About the Organization
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Recordmagazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Governement Business Line:
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.