USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP), South Sudan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible and demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities. The level of effort for this position is 55 days with a possibility of extension until December 2018.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position**
The Regional Coordinator will be the principal point of contact between Juba and one of the geographic locations targeted by the Partnerships for Resilience and Recovery. The Regional Coordinator will be based in either Juba or another location in South Sudan, with frequent travel. Will be responsible for operations, scheduling, reporting and building relations with communities, local government officials and implementing partners.
- Serve as a principal point of contact between Juba and one of the geographic locations targeted by the Partnerships for Resilience and Recovery.
- Build relations with the local community, Implementing Partners (both NGOs and UN agencies), and local government officials in the target areas.
- Support the logistical coordination of field missions by study teams when they go to the areas.
- Set up meetings with key stakeholders in the target area.
- Produce regular reports on activities carried out pursuant to the Partnerships for Resilience and Recovery.
- Help to organize community participation in the Partnerships for Resilience Recovery through facilitating various types of Forums.
- Advise on what strategies can work in the target location for maximizing community ownership and contribution.
- Support trainings to be conducted at a community-level.
- Carry out any other tasks/duties assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor ‘s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in logistics, operations, management, community mobilization, research and/or international development preferred.
- Good computing capabilities with working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Preferred experience working with local communities, NGOs and/or international organizations;
- Experience in organizing and setting up public events and conferences.
- Good English writing and speaking. Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills and ability to multitasks under tight time constraints/deadlines.
- Previous experience working in South Sudan.
- Deep familiarity with South Sudan, and willingness to live in Juba and or other locations in South Sudan.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.