Chemonics seeks a regional country director for the Global Health and Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Project to provide leadership and oversight to projects in Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and potentially one additional country. The purpose of the GHSC-PSM project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the President’s Malaria Initiative, and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting U.S. government-funded global health activities, PSM is managing a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
- Provide technical leadership, management oversight and assume primary responsibility for all activities as outlined in the project work plans to ensure their execution in a timely manner
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems in supply chain management for malaria
- Work closely with the host governments and malaria partners to provide supply chain technical expertise in quantification, procurement of health commodities, and malaria commodity data collection.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with the Ministry of Health, USAID, UN agencies, and other donors/implementing partners
- Lead the development and implementation of annual work plans and deliverables that reflect the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders
- Supervise, mentor, and build the capacity of in-country project teams to develop and implement technical activities and procurement plans that lead to the effective implementation of the project’s strategy and work plan; oversee international short-term technical assistance to ensure achievement of programmatic goals and activities
- Develop, update, and implement performance monitoring plans that encompass commodity security and logistics management indicators and include project-wide performance measures;
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions
- Report results of project work to USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other international donors
- Support the project staff in maintaining good knowledge and understanding of office policies and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Advanced degree in health or management-related discipline
- Minimum 15 years of experience in global health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID public health programs or projects in a developing country context
- Experience working to improve the capacity of sub-national level staff
- Ability to create efficiencies and lead operational transformation in public health programs, preferably with experience in supply planning, logistics management information systems, medical procurement, or supply chain management
- Prior experience in a senior management position such as chief of party or deputy chief of party for a USAID-funded program desirable
- Technical knowledge and experience in management of malaria and/or HIV/AIDS programs required
- Experience and working knowledge of IT solutions in supply chain a plus
- Experience working in countries moving towards malaria elimination preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Willingness to travel 25-50 percent of the time (once a month for one to two weeks)
- Professional work experience in the Southeast Asia region preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Location of Assignment:
This is a long-term position for a period of one to two years to be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia with monthly travel to Thailand, Laos and potentially an additional country in the region.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Regional Country Director” to CambodiaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org by Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.