The Data Manager is responsible for ensuring and maintaining an accurate and up to date project database to inform NEF project indicators, including providing trainings and on-going support for project staff to ensure timely and quality data collection, analysis, storage, retrieval and reporting. The Data Manager is the focal point in providing data for production of project periodic reports, compiling data on project performance against set targets and inform Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities.
General Data Management:
- Develop and implement data management policies, procedures and tools;
- Create specific tools for standardized indicators management, information and knowledge management, project’s design, reporting and learning;
- Engage in outreach to field and HQ teams for data collection and management;
- Support trainings and one-on-one support to build the capacity of NEF staff and partners in data collection and management;
- Oversee data management work performed by project staff and partners in the field;
- Ensure data system is operational and regularly back up data;
- Ensure data management procedures, provides set timelines from project’s collection of data and meet set deadlines in data collection;
- Understand, advise and comply with all applicable privacy laws and standards.
- Formulate, implement, and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures;
- Develop robust, validated databases and templates for data entry staff to complete;
- Train field teams on data collection tools and equipment (databases, smartphones etc.);
- Support, supervise and coordinate on-going data collection and data entry by field staff;
- Implement quality control activities;
- Manage if applicable third party data collection firm and its deliverables;
- Audit data on a regular basis and ensure data integrity;
- Identify and correct data entry errors;
- Address any issues, questions or problems in an accurate and timely manner;
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis;
- Be responsible for quality control procedure (including, but not limited to, checking data entry quality).
Data analysis and reporting, including:
- Statistical analysis with needed controls, using specific software (SPSS, STATA);
- Prepare and provide data for regular and ad hoc reports required for projects and HQ;
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of data, when applicable;
- Document and disseminate information on the outcomes and impact of interventions on target beneficiaries;
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, computer science or a relevant subject.
- 5 years of experience in data management analysis, and reporting, including preferably 2-3 years of experience on USAID funded projects (and/or other equivalent international development donors);
- Working knowledge of database applications and smartphone-based data collection, including experiences designing qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and survey instruments;
- Ability to manage multiple data sets simultaneously;
- Strategic thinking, including identification of M&E system weaknesses and initiative to address problem(s);
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and descriptive statistics;
- Ability to design and manage data entry systems to facilitate analysis, e.g. Excel pivot tables;
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases such as SPSS, SAS, STATA;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Knowledge of French a plus;
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Ability to operate both independently and collaboratively as required;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office suite;
- Must be eligible to work and reside in Jordan.
Please apply by sending to email@example.com the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining all relevant experience, availability and salary requirements
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer.
Subject line: Data Manager
Deadline for application is Monday, June 25, 2018. Pre-application inquiries can be sent via email to Laurent Denis, Director of Program Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org prior to applying.
The Near East Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
The Near East Foundation is seeking candidates for a Data Manager to be based in its Regional Office in Amman (Jordan) and providing support to M&E project staffs in Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Sudan. For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. NEF’s work is organized around three program areas: Peacebuilding through Economic Cooperation, Microenterprise Development, and Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management.