Integra was recently awarded a multi-year, multiple holder contract with USAID to provide evaluation, assessment and analytical support to the USAID’s Kenya and East Africa regional mission, as well as the bilateral missions in Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. Activities will be issued on a Task Order basis. Integra is looking for someone who can manage this mechanism, providing leadership in building client relations, managing the Task Order pipeline, overseeing local partners and consultants, and coordinating with Integra’s Home Office is Washington DC. The position is part-time, with the option of transitioning to full-time based on Task Order requests.
The Regional Director’s prime objectives will be to provide leadership and strategic management of Integra’s regional project portfolio, with a view to building and expanding our work across the region.
- Serve as Integra’s primary point of contact in Kenya and East Africa, maintaining and leading strong, collaborative, and positive working relationships with clients and partners, including USAID, local partners and local governments;
- Develop and oversee all Task Orders and ensure quality, completeness, and timeliness of technical deliverables;
- Provide overall leadership, strategic planning, management, and technical direction to project staff, consultants, and subcontractors;
- Design and lead evaluations of country and regional programs to determine program effects, focusing on progress and successes, obstacles and constraints, unintended outcomes, and global best practices, with clear actionable recommendations to USAID and its partners;
- Guide the design and implementation of the collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) activities, including learning agendas, on-the-job coaching, pause and reflect sessions, workshops and trainings;
- Build and maintain strong networks with the international MEAL community and position Integra at the forefront of modern research on MEL designs and state of the art practices in the Regoin;
- Lead scoping, positioning, planning, marketing and proposal development related to Integra work with current and new clients. Serve as technical lead or technical writer for MEAL proposals.
- Aid in the identification of MEAL experts, team leaders, and sectoral experts.
- Master’s Degree, plus 10 years of professional experience;
- Degree(s) in one of the social sciences or international development with evidence of in-depth technical training in the area of evaluations or assessments.
- Demonstrated expertise in monitoring and evaluation, sector assessments, data analysis, visualization, knowledge management, CLA, capacity building, and/or training;
- Knowledge and experience either in quantitative or qualitative research methods, with a strong understanding of qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Professional experience either as a team lead or as key staff on MEAL engagements
- Strong familiarity with Kenya and East Africa.
- Experience working with USAID and other international development partners;
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please include “Regional Director, Kenya and East Africa” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Integra, is a small-business international development firm, specializing in the implementation of demand-driven development analytics, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and capacity building projects. Our technical expertise is broad, encompassing agriculture and food security, economic growth, energy, climate resilience, environment and natural resources, and gender and social inclusion. We have provided analytical and M&E services to donor-funded projects for nine years, working across 45 different countries, impacting millions of stakeholders, and leveraging over $1.2 billion in public and private investment for development reforms.