The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is seeking a Regional Director to successfully and effectively lead the implementation of several of FSVC’s technical assistance programs in Southern Africa, including:
· An anticipated 3-year program funded by USAID/Southern Africa to help the Governments of Angola, Eswatini and Lesotho and local civil society organizations strengthen anti-corruption efforts and procedures. This program builds on FSVC’s current program in Angola and Eswatini;
· A program focused on building the anti-money laundering/combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) supervisory capacity of the Central Bank of Angola; and
· A program to strengthen the AML/CFT compliance of banks, members of the Angolan Banking Association.
The Regional Director will be based in the region, and travel within the region will be required.
Key job functions include:
· Manage all field aspects of technical assistance delivery, including activity design, execution, post-activity follow-up and reporting to funders;
· Manage completion of all activities and deliverables in line with approved work plan;
· Oversee operations of local office(s);
· Develop and maintain productive relationships with key local counterparts, funders and other relevant technical assistance providers;
· Liaise closely with FSVC HQ staff to ensure effective program implementation and management;
· Identify and pursue business development opportunities for FSVC, including those funded by the U.S. Government (e.g., USAID) and by institutions themselves located in the region; and
· Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
Successful applicants will be dynamic, results-oriented team players, with outstanding execution and representational skills, and the proven ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment. They will also be proactive and innovative thinkers, with the proven ability to execute new initiatives, particularly in developing countries.
· Master’s degree in a related field;
· 8 to 10 years of experience managing international development programs, particularly USAID-funded programs;
· Demonstrated experience in managing programs focused on anti-corruption, government accountability and transparency, and/or AML/CFT programs, particularly in the Southern Africa region;
· Excellent oral and written communication in English required, and ideally some working knowledge of Portuguese as well; and
· Ability to lead and form constructive partnerships with local counterparts.
How to Apply: For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Regional Director – Southern Africa” in the subject line. Deadline: June 30, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the Organization
FSVC is a not-for-profit organization that helps build the sound financial and governance systems needed to support healthy market-oriented economies in developing countries. Founded in 1990 at U.S. Presidential Initiative, FSVC has conducted over 3,200 technical assistance missions in 65 developing countries. FSVC has worked with ministries, parliaments, supreme audit institutions and civil society organizations across Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe to improve public financial management, government accountability and transparency, and with both government and the private sector on AML/CFT compliance and supervision. FSVC has regional field offices in Albania, Angola, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Somalia, Tunisia, Tajikistan and Niger.