*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in the Asia Region where WVI is registered to operate.
As Regional Governance Advisor, you will apply your relevant expertise, knowledge, skills and methods that will effectively engage with Asian National (Support) Offices in the development of high performing governing boards of the World Vision Mission and strategic objectives.
To this end, you will provide guidance and advice on achieving standards of governance as stated in Partnership policy and best practice. This will require you to exercise diplomacy and tact in providing judicious feedback; support board development, that includes designing and/or delivering governance training; clarify decision rights and accountability in all aspects of World Vision governance, and support National Office governance transition and Peer Review processes according to established policies and standards. You will make an important contribution to ensuring alignment to Partnership strategy and policy. In addition, you will facilitate twin citizenship and unity and trust between the National Offices and the Global Centre, enhancing federal health within the Partnership.
- Masters level or higher degree in related field such as Human Development, Law, Organisational Development, Corporate Business and related Management, or Governance
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functioning of International NGOs such as World Vision in terms of their governance, management and operations is preferred
- Broad knowledge and understanding of current board governance best practices and developing issues in the region and/or globally
- Proven ability to work across various Asian countries, understanding their unique cultural contexts and nationalities
- Experience in working effectively with senior leaders, including working directly under or reporting to a board or serving on a board, preferably including experience in the non-profit sector
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and letter of interest including your ‘calling’ to this role and salary expectations to email@example.com by the closing date 11 APRIL 2020.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.