SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Regional Human Resources Partner implements practices and activities of the Human Resources Management (HRM) Office in the region and other countries as assigned, providing a full spectrum of HR services and programs linked to short and long-term organizational needs and objectives. S/he works closely with IntraHealth Corporate Human Resources and Country Leadership Team/s to support the achievement of organizational mission, goals, and objectives through the development, implementation, and management of activities to deliver HR capacity and infrastructure across projects represented in the region. We are currently searching in Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal or Namibia.
- Work closely with the local HR Administrators and Proposal Recruiters with regards to managing and overseeing recruiting activities:
- Job Description writing and banding
- Salary determination for new hires
- Personnel Action in Ultipro and issuing of Employment Letters
- Recruiting in support countries
- Act as a partner to the organization by understanding the recruiting and interviewing process; counseling managers on candidate selection.
- Promote and support the organization’s diversity efforts
General Support and Employee Relations (50%)
- Manage and oversee the New Hire Orientation Program
- Scheduling of sessions
- Presentation of HR sessions
- Analyzing attendance and effectiveness of the Orientation Program – quarterly metrics
- Work closely with Supervisors and Managers to manage employee leave balances
- Sick and vacation
- Manage and maintain HR compliance with regards to:
- Personnel records – conduct audits
- Manage Immigration:
- Work eligibility visas
- Applications process
- Provide general first level support to employees
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR policies, guidelines and procedures
- Contributes to the overall HR organizational effort by assisting other HR Partners and HR Teams as necessary to support a high performing Human Resources work team
- Understand and guide conversations surrounding country laws with guidance of legal experts when needed
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conduct investigations; maintaining records; represent the organization at hearings
- Conduct exit interviews track trends and make recommendations to HR Management
Compensation & Benefits (10%)
- Act as a partner to the organization by assisting managers and the Senior Manager of compensation in updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions in their designated department or area
- Maintain the organization’s pay philosophy by exhibiting a working understanding of how pay is derived; explaining and training on pay basics; assist in preparing pay budgets (if necessary); monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and assisting with implementing pay structure revisions.
- Support employee benefits programs by exhibiting a working knowledge of the organization’s benefits and answering basic questions
Performance Management (5%)
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by:
- Training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Scheduling and participating in management conferences with employees
- Resolving employee grievances
- Counseling employees and supervisors
- Conduct mini training sessions to coach and support supervisors on managing performance in the workplace.
- Support the Performance Review initiatives
Strategic Partnering (20%)
- Act as a strategic partner to the organization by understanding mission, vision, values and organizational direction, goals and objectives. Facilitates strategic organizational meetings and provides advice to assigned organizational leadership.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain employee engagement by being actively involved in employee surveys and focus groups.
- Support regional staff as an HR Partner and/or mentor/train/coach local HR staff, as assigned.
- Communicate organizational changes and assists managers and employees, as needed.
- Develop monthly/quarterly metrics to strategically manage staff turnover.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or similar field from an accredited university OR equivalent years of experience.
At least eight (8) years of demonstrated HR Management experience of which at minimum 5 years as a Manager. Experience required in international development programs in (REGION); regional African HRM experience highly preferred; demonstrated experience also required working with USG funded programs
- Must have demonstrated understanding of local and assigned country’s Labor laws, Company Act, NGO Act and other relevant laws.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage all aspects of the HRM function in line with current practices and trends.
- Ability to gain the trust and confidence of colleagues and to handle confidential matters discreetly and have experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to competently assess priorities; manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate activities with senior project management staff and proven ability to work successfully on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, French and fluency in local languages; other languages strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiencies, including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management.
- Ability to travel 25% to assigned countries for HR initiatives within two (2) weeks notice.
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1