Position title: Regional/International Expert
Position Type: Short-Term Duration of the assignment: 132 days divided in 4 quarters Estimated start date: Mid-July 2019
About the position:
ME&A is in search of a Regional/International Expert for the REGIONAL MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING IDIQ DEMOCRACY AND GOVERNANCE - USAID NICARAGUA
USAID/Nicaragua through ME&A is seeking the services of an Individual Regional or International Expert under the Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning IDIQ to provide monitoring services to the Democracy and Governance portfolio implemented in Nicaragua. These services will provide the Mission with performance and learning information that will help the Technical Office (TO) comply with ADS monitoring requirements and better adapt current implementation to a challenging context. The performance information obtained will feed into new program designs and implementation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education: Master’s degree in international development, measurement, statistics and evaluation, program management, political-economy, quantitative methods and research, or a related field. A combination of at least eight years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field is acceptable to meet this requirement.
- Language proficiency: English Level IV and Spanish Level IV. Professional level fluency in English.
- Work experience:
- At least five years of experience in monitoring and evaluating development programs, democracy and governance programming.
- At least three years of experience in designing and implementing programs around adaptive management in Non-Permissive Environments or other unsettled and changing context.
- Working knowledge of GIS and mapping tools, desirable.
- Demonstrated relevant recent performance in conducting USAID monitoring and reporting processes. Provide examples and references.
- Knowledge of USAID ADS 201, the Project Cycle, the Foreign Assistance (FA) Standard Structure Definitions and related FA indicators, as well as USAID theory and practices related to CLA and Non-Permissive Environments.
- At least five years of experience working in the Latin America region.
- Professional technical writing in Spanish and English.
- Position description: The Expert will be responsible to add or revise the methodology based on his/her experience in similar environments and knowledge of best practices. The Mission expects the Expert to incorporate elements of the USAID Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting framework particularly critical for non-permissive environments as programs operate under constantly changing conditions; it is expected that the Expert will submit a final proposed methodology and an annual work plan for carrying out all tasks and completing the required deliverables. The Expert is expected to travel to Nicaragua twice per quarter for 10 work days per visit in order to visit all five implementing partners for a total of five integrated site visits while in country. The Expert should be aware that some consultations with Chiefs of Party will be conducted via teleconferences or phone calls given that three out of the five implementing partners do not have physical offices in Nicaragua. The Expert will start his/her work with a document review.
If interested, please submit a resume in English with a cover letter outlining qualifications before July 2, 2019.
Only finalists will be contacted. ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the Organization
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law, please email email@example.com.
Candidate’s interest will be submitted online at https://meandahq.isolvedhire.com/ with a copy of resume, writing sample (if requested), and a cover letter indicating the reference number.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A implements the five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E&L) initiative for the USAID Mission in El Salvador. ME&A's team provides USAID/El Salvador and potentially other missions in the region continued performance monitoring, verification, GIS services and evaluation support to measure program impact, results and achievements.