Regional Leader – Southern Africa
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional Leader – Southern Africa, based in Johannesburg, South Africa, your responsibilities will comprise of oversight to the National Offices and National Directors covering up to nine counties in Southern Africa (Zambia, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland) where World Vision’s focus is predominantly programme implementation. The total regional budget is approximately $330 million per year with more than 4,000 staff across the region.
As Regional Leader, you are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to provide exceptional guidance to World Vision Southern Africa leadership staff and to oversee all World Vision Southern Africa areas of operations including but not limited to; strategy management, people management, financial resource management, risk management, and board and partnership engagement. You will work to ensure effective management of ministry in alignment with World Vision’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and global strategic directions.
· Strategic Leadership: 25%
· Leadership Development: 25%
· Board Engagement: 20%
· Accountability & Stewardship: 15%
· Organizational Culture: 10%
· Other Global Field Operations: 5%
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- A minimum of ten years’ (10) experience providing strategic leadership as a senior organizational leader, within the humanitarian industry, and three years’ (3) senior leadership experience in Africa is required.
- A minimum of five years’ (5) experience managing a multi-cultural leadership team is required, with a heart and a passion for the region and its peoples.
- A minimum of five years’ (5) experience working with an Advisory Council or Board, either as a member, reporting to one or developing and advising an Advisory Council or Board is required.
- Proven track record of successfully coaching and mentoring executive level leaders, either at a national, regional or global level.
- Ability to travel frequently both regionally and internationally (up to 40%) is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 11 July 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.