Chemonics seeks a regional manager for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Central America. The regional manager will be responsible for providing overall strategic direction and leadership. He or she will lead the development of regional technical strategies and work plans and will be the technical lead for Guatemala-based supply chain strengthening activities. He or she will monitor the project’s technical, financial, and administrative performance and will serve as the supervisor for the lead technical staff in each country as well as for the regional finance and operations staff based in Guatemala. The regional manager will maintain effective communication with the client, the home office, cooperating agencies, and critical regional stakeholders. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction based on the project’s strategic long-term vision and USAID priorities
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID and international and regional partners and represent the GHSC-PSM Central America project at regional meetings and events
- Oversee the project’s financial management to ensure available funding for workplan activities and adhere to the approved workplan budget.
- Oversee project office operations in accordance with Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID regulations, including human resources, procurement, finance, and subcontracting
- Lead project workplan activities and the completion of activity deliverables in Guatemala in collaboration with the Guatemala Ministry of Health, Social Security Institute, and key local stakeholders
- Advanced degree in health, engineering, or management-related discipline
- Minimum five years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, supply chain management systems, and/or systems strengthening
- Experience working in the Central America region and knowledge of local stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills to fulfill the project’s technical and managerial requirements and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in both English and Spanish required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Regional Manager” in the subject line to PSMcentralamericrecuitment@chemonics.com no later than September 16, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.